Generation Skywalker

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Generation Skywalker

Post by Robstyley »

I’ve got to have a listen to this. Don’t even get me started on modern! I have a slight issue myself :lol:
0CF450A3-F0A3-426E-AD23-E7CB84744619.jpeg
0CF450A3-F0A3-426E-AD23-E7CB84744619.jpeg (164.04 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

Really enjoyed the first vintage round table "Those Old Fossils." Again nice to hear some Star Wars chat between some of the nicest people in the hobby. I like this short and regular format as to be honest I'll probably skip the next two episodes (Hot Toys and Modern) as they're not areas I collect, so it's good that I can just miss out those episodes rather than have to try and skip bits out in a massive long episode. Who knows, maybe I'll even come back to them if I run out of things to listen to. Look forward to the next vintage, film or video games episode! (hint hint)
bosk70
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by bosk70 »

thought I would post a quick pick showing the majesty of mongo from episode 2 of Gen Skywalker :D
Attachments
DSCF0523.JPG
DSCF0523.JPG (205.03 KiB) Viewed 996 times
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

bosk70 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:15 pm
thought I would post a quick pick showing the majesty of mongo from episode 2 of Gen Skywalker :D
Mongo is beautiful isn't he. Great image, thanks for sharing.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

* * * * * * * * * * NEW SHOW NOW LIVE * * * * * * * * * *

Added little bonus of having SWFUK member @spoons, Andrew Norton, on this episode.
Podbean.jpg
Podbean.jpg (85.16 KiB) Viewed 975 times
The DIEcast - Part 1

Generation Skywalker welcomes you to join them in the first of a 6 part series all on the world of Diecast toys over the years.

The first episode looks at the Vintage range of Diecast vehicles. Stuart is joined by Andrew Norton, a Diecast focus collector and owner/editor of www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.com, as the pair take a look at the range that was released and discuss each one on it's merits, as well as looking at the packaging, licenses, mailers and everything in between.

Join us for a fun ride through the land of Die Cast Metal and all it's wonders.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!
TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by TK-7785 »

Really enjoyed these so far, guys. Interesting to listen to the Hot Toys edition, I've always admired how cool those figures look, but no way I can get into another expensive avenue of SW collecting.

I wondered, since you're covering modern topics in Gen Skywalker, how about a 90s special? Some people call it the dark times, but by the end of the decade we had quite a lot going on. By 97 Star Wars was very much back in the limelight. We had new toys on the shelves, the Special Edition... Just a thought (perhaps a controversial one...which is surely a good thing for a discussion). I know there are a few of us out there who have a very nostalgic soft spot for POTF2 etc.

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by SublevelStudios »

TK-7785 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 am
Really enjoyed these so far, guys. Interesting to listen to the Hot Toys edition, I've always admired how cool those figures look, but no way I can get into another expensive avenue of SW collecting.

I wondered, since you're covering modern topics in Gen Skywalker, how about a 90s special? Some people call it the dark times, but by the end of the decade we had quite a lot going on. By 97 Star Wars was very much back in the limelight. We had new toys on the shelves, the Special Edition... Just a thought (perhaps a controversial one...which is surely a good thing for a discussion). I know there are a few of us out there who have a very nostalgic soft spot for POTF2 etc.

Chris
This is a cracking idea! We were getting a bit nostalgic over the Walkers Tazo craze in the late 90's recently so I think having a broader look at that era is definitely something we'll look at 8)

Thanks Chris :)
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Like Mark said we were chatting about these times the other night. I too absolutely adore POTF2 and have been buying plenty of it recently.

Glad you're enjoying the show @TK-7785 really appreciate the feedback mate
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Did someone say POTF2....🙄
Great idea for a show...as long as the Italian Market, Tazzo’s and the full size weapons are covered.😀
Cazza
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Cazza »

Agree- POTF2, Tazo's etc are quite nostalgic for me as well. It was brilliant being able to go and buy new figures in the shops after what seemed like an eternity of nothing but Bend 'ems. I do regret switching my focus too much from vintage to POTF2, BUT I am still very fond of them- particularly Series 1 & 2 + SOTE.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Cazza wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:12 pm
I do regret switching my focus too much from vintage to POTF2
Don’t we all...😔
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

***** YouTube Video Live *****

Helix Reborn : The Full Story

We're fortunate to have both Craig Spivey and Mark Daniels as part of the Generation Skywalker team.

In 2017 Helix released a 40th Anniversary Star Wars range to celebrate their line from back in 1977. This came about thanks to Craig, Mark and Grant Criddle.

This YouTube video takes you through the journey on how the 40th Anniversary range came to be, from connecting with Helix through a twitter post to the release of the 40th Anniversary range. But that is only half the story and half the journey, join Mark and Craig as they relive the whole entire tale including a Presentation on the collecting track at Celebration Europe in 2016 and presenting the same talk to ALL the Helix work force.

This is a tale of three fans passion and where it can lead.

Enjoy the Show!

Pulsar
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Pulsar »

Well that was enjoyable!
I've never listened to a pod cast in my life before but i might just listen to the previous ones now.
That while process with the Helix company was something else and is that our Mark :P
Great work our kid, such a shame they or Disney didn't let you expand on some of those ideas.
Yeah i could feel your pain in that 'office meeting' in the warehouse!
I have to be honest and say i didn't buy any of the 40th stuff although i was close.
However, i would have been all over the Tusken and Fett ESB pencil cases 8)

A great insight

Regards
Paul
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by SublevelStudios »

Pulsar wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 pm
Well that was enjoyable!
I've never listened to a pod cast in my life before but i might just listen to the previous ones now.
That while process with the Helix company was something else and is that our Mark :P
Great work our kid, such a shame they or Disney didn't let you expand on some of those ideas.
Yeah i could feel your pain in that 'office meeting' in the warehouse!
I have to be honest and say i didn't buy any of the 40th stuff although i was close.
However, i would have been all over the Tusken and Fett ESB pencil cases 8)

A great insight

Regards
Paul
Thanks Paul :) 8)

Glad you liked it and hopefully have you listening in and hopefully contributing in a future episode - as an old school collector who has some truly amazing items I think it would be great to chat to you on the show.

Cheers :)
Mark
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Just watched the latest Helix themed episode on youtube and I thought it was hands down the best pod cast that I've ever heard/seen :D ! That was like a documentary so very well done to you all for putting that together and getting your story told.

Seeing you hand draw those pencil cases through time-lapse was stunning Mark and it's criminal that your designs were never produced. For me I would have loved the tusken raider one, nothing short of total class!

It's a shame that Helix fumbled the ball with the Leia case as that would have been one that I would have wanted and I didn't realise they made it so hard to get (probably why I never saw it out there).

This is going to be a hard show to beat for you guys but as you've only just started with this series you do have plenty of time to try. Really enjoying the different angle that you've come to the hobby with these and it's such a treat to get two really high quality podcasts out there for SW collecting with yourselves and the old favourite Vintage Rebellion.

Looking forward to hearing the next one and thank you all for taking the time and effort to make such an entertaining show, we all need something to look forward to right now.

Ian