Generation Skywalker

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Generation Skywalker

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Palifan wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Great podcast as ever guys and I used to keep my SW figures in the Trebor Chew Box and it's one of my great regrets letting it go years ago but it was nice to see such a fantastic looking one on the enhanced podcast. I'm guessing that's Marks and I did wonder if that's just a few chew wrappers on top of it or it's in fact a box full of them?

Also I can't find the Deal or no Deal FB page anywhere so do post up a link if you have one.

Keep them coming guys!

Ian
Cheers for the feedback Ian, really appreciated.

Deal or No Deal page is on this link;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1815940 ... SEARCH_BOX
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

The newest episode of 'Those Old Fossils' is now available in enhanced form over on youtube if people prefer to see the images of what we're discussing.

bosk70
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by bosk70 »

All ways watch these now on youtube, doing a really good job putting these episodes together, must be time consuming putting it all together, thanks :)
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

bosk70 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:03 am
All ways watch these now on youtube, doing a really good job putting these episodes together, must be time consuming putting it all together, thanks :)
Thank you. Labour of love but we've got a good team who share the load pretty well which helps massively.
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:59 pm
The newest episode of 'Those Old Fossils' is now available in enhanced form over on youtube if people prefer to see the images of what we're discussing.

Thanks for putting these YouTube shows together, they really do become a more immersive way to enjoy them.
Congratulations on another great show, keep them coming.😀
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

facebook.jpg
facebook.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 743 times
***** NEW SHOW LIVE *****

The Modern Way - Episode III

The third edition of 'The Modern Way' drops with a whole host of topics since the last show.

The team settle down to discuss the new packaging for the Black Series 6" range, and everyone seems to be in awe of the new design.

They also close out the Probe Droid discussion which has been discussed since we started 'The Modern Way' as we compare the Black Series version to the Disney Elite.

With Mark getting heavily involved with modern these days, his new purchase of a Black Series Boba Fett helmet sparks a look at the Black Series Helmet range.

Stuart is joined by Christopher Cooke to look at The Vintage Collection petition which is gathering pace, check out the link below to find out more;
https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-petitio ... a6c7fdab6a

As well as all this the team look at new announcements since the last show, including another Carbonized figure to Marks delight, this time a Darth Vader with a blue rinse! As well as a new The Child Monopoly set. The team also delve into Princess Leia Organa in her white gown as they all pick their favourite adaptation of the figure.

All this plus much more

Enjoy the Show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-i8eqs-dfeef2
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Enhanced version of the latest Modern roundtable now available over on YouTube

Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

***** NEW SHOW LIVE ******
Podbean.jpg
Podbean.jpg (93.78 KiB) Viewed 655 times
THOSE OLD FOSSILS - EPISODE IV

Generation Skywalker welcome Stephen Savory as guest to this months 'Those Old Fossils' show as he joins Craig, Jez, Mark and Stuart to discuss the joys of vintage.

On the table for discussion this month is pack-in toy catalogues, posters, instructions etc. We look at the category system drawn up by Yehuda as well as debating whether a boxed toy is complete without the catalogue and other paperwork that would have been originally included.

Edd Grant off Star Wars Forum UK started an interesting topic thread the other day as he asked about competition etiquette and whether if you research a certain topic you should have first refusal on items that come up for sale with regards to the research. An interesting topic which the team all fall into the same opinion of.

We take a look at the aftermath of Toy Toni and Baggiegate. Toy Toni happened way back in 2013, whilst Baggiegate was more recent in 2017. The lads discuss what effect it has had on the Palitoy and Baggie markets as well as debating other points on both scandals.

The Generation Skywalker team then also discuss 'The Fans Strike Back' who pledged money towards an upcoming book kickstarter. With the sight producing and selling reproduction items we delve into the morals of accepting such money to fund a current project.

The final topic for the month is lighthearted as the boys throw toys into the hat for the most confusing vintage item. From figures and weapons to vehicles and talking figures, the lads are confused by a few vintage concepts.

All this plus much more on this months 'Those Old Fossils' podcast.

Enjoy the show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!!!
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

Enjoyed this one, nice to hear Steve back on the 'airwaves' after his collecting hiatus. It was interesting to hear you guys discuss my etiquette post, of course I'm not expecting anyone except close friends to form an orderly queue. I'm sure we've all felt miffed when we've missed out on a key piece before. And I still strongly believe a few 'deep pocket collectors' have recently driven up prices on certain items way beyond what most people would consider reasonable. It would be interesting to see the bidding data on Vectis to see if it was just two people competing, if so one of them stepping aside could have saved a fellow collector thousands of pounds. Instead it ended up costing them thousands.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

edd_jedi wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:55 pm
Enjoyed this one, nice to hear Steve back on the 'airwaves' after his collecting hiatus. It was interesting to hear you guys discuss my etiquette post, of course I'm not expecting anyone except close friends to form an orderly queue. I'm sure we've all felt miffed when we've missed out on a key piece before. And I still strongly believe a few 'deep pocket collectors' have recently driven up prices on certain items way beyond what most people would consider reasonable. It would be interesting to see the bidding data on Vectis to see if it was just two people competing, if so one of them stepping aside could have saved a fellow collector thousands of pounds. Instead it ended up costing them thousands.
I do agree mate, Jon (@palitoyjunky ) made a great post about exactly that over on our Facebook page about this exact thing happening to him at recent Vectis auction for the Palitoy Luke X-Wing. Sadly it doesn't seem to work like that does it and it's very dog eat dog when it comes to acquiring pieces.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

Thanks Stu, I hadn't seen Jon's post on your page. Just read it and it completely understand his position. I'd just like to make it clear that my etiquette post was not about either the 45 or 65 back Luke's, both were way out of my league price wise and as I said in another post I've only been doing my Luke X-Wing focus for a couple of years so feel absolutely no entitlement to any LXW pieces that come up. I was referring to a couple of trilogo bubble Jedi cards that have come up recently.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Enhanced version of the latest show 'Those Old Fossils' is now available on youtube

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Ruby2511 »

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:34 pm
Enhanced version of the latest show 'Those Old Fossils' is now available on youtube

Brilliant 👍😎

When is the limited space collections offering being broadcast?

Cheers Russ
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Ruby2511 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Stuart Skinner wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Brilliant 👍😎

When is the limited space collections offering being broadcast?

Cheers Russ
Being worked on now mate, taking a little longer to collate everything together but hopefully not too much longer
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Ruby2511 »

Brilliant, looking forward to seeing it 😎👍
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.