RIP Jim Stevenson

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This has been announced on FB.

Very sad news that Jim Stevenson has died.
Anyone in the collecting world of toys in the 80s and 90s would bound to have meet up with Jim.
He always had an amazing immaculate selection of collectables for sale at every fair he attended, and some at a eye watering prices.
I never bought from him as back then, as his items were more than I could afford, but I aways looked forward to seeing what he had brought this time.
There were some very sad stories around him a few years ago but I would like to remember him from back then and the good old collecting days of the 90s, so different times...
RIP Mr Stevenson.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A sad loss to the vintage collecting world.

I bought many things from Jim in the 90's. He always drove a hard bargain, but his stuff was usually top quality, and he was also able to get rare items at a time when others couldn't. I won't claim to have been friends with him, but we did have a good seller / customer relationship for a couple of years, and my boxed collection is what it is today in no small part thanks to him.

Rest in peace.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Really sad news, but at least he will not be in anymore discomfort.

[youtube]u4MPhUBoEME[/youtube]

[youtube]mcNB_CgRHxA[/youtube]

stormcab

Sith Lord
Sad to hear. I too bought a rare piece off him in the mid 90s. I remember him having a MOC Vinyl Cape Jawa he was offering me for £750 back then. No chance was affording that.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
One of the original dealers on the circuit in the late 80's - early 90's. Lots of memories of him and his table always looked amazing but my first memory of was at the Stoke toy fair in 89 or 90. His display looked a bit different then, the best thing he had was a boxed Shuttle for £90 - which was a chunk of money then. He had quite a bit of loose stuff too, something he never really did after that.

Used to have a table next to him at Buxton, which used to be a really good toy show then, bought a boxed Micro Collection Carbonite Chamber off him with some of the cash I made that day :) He even did me a deal in it, which he was not known to a lot of and famously tough to negotiate with.

He was a real character and has been sorely missed for some time at the shows.

RIP mate, see you at the big toy show in the sky ;)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I even used Jim as an inspriation on this comic strip that appeared in DARK TIMES magazine in the early 90's...

Attachments

• ttit623.jpg
    ttit623.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,034

Jez

Sith Lord
The end of an era. I never got to meet Jim, but i'd heard so much about him. RIP.

Grant_C said:
Really sad news, but at least he will not be in anymore discomfort.

[youtube]u4MPhUBoEME[/youtube]

[youtube]mcNB_CgRHxA[/youtube]

Thanks for the video links Grant_C nice to finally see him and put a face to the name.

SublevelStudios said:
I even used Jim as an inspriation on this comic strip that appeared in DARK TIMES magazine in the early 90's...

Funny comic strip SublevelStudios, thanks for posting that, definitely Viz inspired.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom