The Vintage Rebellion Episode 70 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
70facebook.jpg

The apocalypse is finally here. It's what we've been training for since Dawn of the Dead in the 1970s. What's your weapon of choice? OR you can stay in your house, kick off your cuban heels, grab a relaxing beverage in your favourite mug and listen to a few hours of vintage Star Wars collecting talk.

We have handy-Andy Preston and jaunty-Jason Smith joining Richard and Peter in the hosting duties. We hear some cracking interviews from Andy's trip to Finse, Norway on his Empire Strikes Back / Hoth adventure - listen to him being gnawed on by a local Wampa.

Also during Rebel Briefings Rich and the team discuss the awesome article on Argentinian fakes found on the SWCA blog and consider the future role of auction houses

Our main interview sees Pete catch up with Javier Florencio Swars and Fernando Ruiz Ceano who put together, in a couple of months, the amazing Galaxias Vintage con in Tarragona Spain. Hear their story of how it came about and how it went.

On this months licensee section Pete gets the guys to remember their Panini sticker collecting days, although Jason reckons the best Panini is ham and cheese, Richard fights him to the death on tripe and rhubarb. Andy and Pete watch on in horror.

Also this month we have a treat for you.. thanks to Chris Porteous, our social media Jedi, whom has put our dance to music for you! (This translates to putting visuals to our warbling on youtube). Its awesome. Put it on your big telly whilst exercising in lockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtxOadjrcw&feature=youtu.be

https://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-70-guardians-of-the-galaxias/

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Perfect timing...
I suspect that your down load figures will be the best ever! :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Only just started this months show but wanted to mention that the Star Raiders figures are Mego sized at 8".

I love these figures although only have a few but massive congratulations to Chris for his most impressive achievement as this is a tricky set to put together like he has.They went under another few names as well whilst they were released and came with slightly different outfits on ( I'm thinking the QC was out of the window on this lot lol!).

There is another Tomland series that was released around the same time and are around 4" in height of which I have a near complete set (although it's a mixture of Glow and Non Glow versions).
I'm sure these really confused a fair few Grandparents out there and can imagine kids opening these as presents and expecting Star wars only to be greeted by these. I do love these as well and they've been my main collecting focus for the past few years.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the show and well done on you all for keeping us entertained.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 538
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom