I'm not crazy am I... this is the rare Luke Stormtrooper blaster variant?

Mulbin

Padawan
Hi! First post. Just got back into collecting after a 20 year break (please don't ask me how much I sold my Vinyl Jawa for when I shed my last collection). Anyway, I have a weapon query!

I'm pretty convinced by this, but just need to double check in case there is some new super repro cast directly from the originals.

I got this in a small lot of figures, all the other accessories check out. It came with a regular stormtrooper but I'm pretty sure this is a V1c imperial blaster (listed on the imperial gunnery website).

I've photographed it in similar lighting and camera angle to the example on Imperial Gunnery and superimposed the images for comparison. It floats, doesn't let any light through (which I understand is correct for the solid black V1c).

I'm not insane am I... this looks legit?

Photos of my blaster and the photo from Imperial Gunnery.
eVRG4on.png

Merged photo.
rk8ixuU.png

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
It's tough to say for certain. I'm not sure if yours has a dent or not. Also the colour is slightly different but that might just be because of the lighting. I have for example a v1c but it's a dark grey rather than solid black, but it doesn't let light through like the blue black blasters.

Take some photos of it next to known solid black weapons such as the Zuckuss rifle.

Mulbin

Padawan
I would if I had a Zuckuss rifle! Sadly, as I'm only just getting back into collecting I only have a few pieces. Maybe I'll make that my next acquisition as they are fairly cheap to come by.

I've actually just found out the (very useful) trick of using my phone lamp to inspect, and I can in fact see some light through the fin.

So now I'm even more confused. It doesn't have dents, and seems a perfect match for the V1c... but they are only listed as dark blue, green or solid black. Is Imperial Gunnery incomplete?

Close up of the area the dents would be in...

Hl3fhNH.jpg

And I made this to more clearly compare my blaster with the one on IG.

FGVm9eC.gif

Mulbin

Padawan
walkie said:
your blaster looks fine

Thanks! Sadly though, I think this is the "blue/black" version, not the solid black. Its looks completely black most of the time, but now I've taken it out in bright sunlight it does have a very slight blueness (really very slight), and torch light passes through the fin.

So, I think, the good news is it's a genuine V1c, the bad news is it's not the rare "solid black" version. I still got a very nice price on it though, particularly as the paint on the Stormtrooper is perfect.

walkie

Sith Lord
I think that was wishfully thinking to think it was solid black, but never mind.

A good trick it to photograph it next to a black accessory like a hoth rebel rifle, then check the photos and dark blue/black next to a solid black will stand out a mile.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom