Grand Master
Take one piece of your vintage collection

Tell me when you bought it or who bought it

And why you have you have it. Does it tell a story

Go..

poncho

Grand Master
45bn palitoy/German denger moc

Bought aspart of my budget run it was £20 buy it now from Ebay about 4 years ago.

Attachments

• 15884433579702875874103578488329.jpg
    15884433579702875874103578488329.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,385

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
3 line LFB bought on a car boot in 85 with several other random figures for my lad, watched ROTJ on Betamax video with my lad at a very tender age on Betamax video, that was the start, my lad is 36 now and we collect vintage and other lines from his childhood, but vintage SW is the starter ..... still have the LFB which is a beater, but will not leave the collection as that was the start of the madness :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Great idea for a thread that could really run and run.

EC0F4BEA-B540-4445-A896-AD748F0BBF9C.jpeg

So this is an original production storyboard from Return of the Jedi signed by Producer, Howard Kazanjian.
I met Grant_C in 2014 and count him as a really close mate, problem with Grant is whenever I go anywhere with him I tell him what I fancy buying, and somehow he finds it and I end up buying it.
Before Celebration in Chicago in 2019 I hadn't seen him for a while, whilst I was there it was my 40th birthday, me and him decided to spend some time together that day on the show floor. In conversation I told him I had seen this storyboard that I liked. In a matter of minutes, Grant had navigated us across the show floor to the prop store stall, bartered some money off and I was handing over my cash. I love it, it sits above my desk in my office, I wonder if I didn't spend the afternoon with Grant whether I would have pulled the trigger on it but I'm glad I did. To me this is what collecting is, I have many items where I can state where they come, strangely a few of them involved Grant.

quins

Padawan
Supporter
This was bought by my Nan when i was a kid .

About the only thing along with a die cast TIE and complete rotj sticker album i have left .

20200502_195252.jpg

Not a great story but the majority of mine are packed away as nowhere to display still so easiest thing to grab

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
poncho said:
45bn palitoy/German denger moc

Bought aspart of my budget run it was £20 buy it now from Ebay about 4 years ago.

Nice one Poncho, it is actually a Dutch / Belgian Clipper card.
And at 20 GBP that was a great purchase. :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I bought a bog standard Han and Chewie in 2017 described as mint. When they turned up Han's leg had been glued. I contacted the seller and he said to return and as it happened he had just received another minty in that day he would send me instead. This fella turned up. I clocked he was different straight away and set about researching him on the TIG POCH/PBP thread. And thus my love affair with the Spanish line began 8)

Attachments

• 2FFA1090-8F37-4BB1-A257-43DA60E3C2F0.jpeg
    2FFA1090-8F37-4BB1-A257-43DA60E3C2F0.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,315

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
What a great idea for a thread! Some brilliant stories already 8)

A few days before Christmas 1980 (or possibly 81), I sneaked into my parents' room to try and find any Christmas presents. On top of their wardrobe, I found a Han Hoth. That was all I could find. I was so excited about it, that I revisited it several times before Christmas Day, when Mum and Dad were out of their room.

Christmas Eve arrived and I remember pretending to be asleep, as my parents came in and filled my stocking. When they were out of the room, I reached down and could feel the figure inside the stocking. Chuffed to bits, I fell asleep, looking forward to opening it in the morning.

Morning came and I eagerly pulled everything out of the stocking. Obviously, I went for my Han first... hang on, that's not Han... it's Boba Fett!!! I was absolutely incredulous! How was this happening? I wasn't normally allowed much SW stuff, but here was the coolest figure in the world. Then it dawned on me that the Han would be waiting under the tree!!!

Later, to my amazement, I discovered not only the Han, but also a Snowspeeder! Best Christmas ever! Both figures were 30-bks- I kept the cards for years, but eventually threw them away during a clear out. Thankfully, I still have the Boba, Han and Snowspeeder. Unfortunately, my Dad did his back in while helping me put the stickers on the Snowspeeder. I remember my uncle and cousins carrying him upstairs- he was in bed for two weeks :lol:
20200502_231734.jpg

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
My random piece is my original copy of the Return of the Jedi novel, picked up in the '83/4, I believe. My gran told me to pick something whilst we were out shopping and I chose the novel. I loved the cover artwork and the prologue and that was enough for me to not choose a figure, or some other item that I would normally have chosen as a 7/8 year old. It's a well thumbed book but I still love it :)

Attachments

• D38BEAC9-08DA-4CD6-80B4-EB43BEA4F1F7.jpeg
    D38BEAC9-08DA-4CD6-80B4-EB43BEA4F1F7.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,237

Pomse2001

Grand Master
In 2001 I saw some star wars collectors on the internet displaying their star wars toy, I though it looked fantastic. I did not have my own star wars toy any more, I gave it to my little brother years ago, but he was now to old to play with it, so I offered him some money to get my old toy back and we made a deal, he was still a kid at that time so he could always use a little money. After I got my toy back then I began to do some research of what star wars toy that was made between 1977 and 1985 and what I was missing to have a full collection. In this days my goal was only to have one of each figure and one of each vehicle and playset with a box, that changed later :lol: After I found out what I was missing and that was a huge lot then I began to hunt the items that I was missing.

In 2001 I got in contact with a fellow dane named Rasmus who was also a star wars collector and he was selling 2 boxes of vintage star wars. One of the boxes that I bought from him was an ewok combat Glider and there was an old danish price sticker on that box. I thought it was cool the box also had a danish price sticker and since that day I have collected danish price stickers on star wars cardbacks, moc and boxes :D The box was sold in a toy store named Nicki Legetøj, that means Nicki Toys on english. It is the only sticker I have ever found on star wars toy from that store after 19 years of hunting.

01 (2).jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
Many have you may have seen these recently in the LA thread but I'll show them again now.

I saw the Topps Vault colour key for card 170 listed by mathieu on Facebook for ages. I even tagged another collecting buddy originally as his focus is Luke Jedi. He didn't buy it but I assumed it may get well sell quickly anyway.
A couple of months later I sent Mathieu a message to ask if it was still available and much to my surprise it hadn't sold. We agreed a price and that was it done.
I thought it would be good to display it with the final production card so had a quick look on eBay. I couldn't actually find one initially so had to look in the US, what actually popped up seemed unbelievable- it was a proof card for the other side of card 170, just sitting there on eBay!
I don't know the odds of finding two pre production items for the same card, in the same week in two different countries but I'd love Threepio to tell me!

Attachments

• EC7B2CE8-08D1-4850-9800-F508EEF0C2A9.jpeg
    EC7B2CE8-08D1-4850-9800-F508EEF0C2A9.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 922
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom