I see loose beaters are still selling for stupid amounts

poncho

Grand Master
I see loose beaters are still selling for stupid amounts

This guy (me) ain't selling up though! :p no matter the temptation 🤛

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes it is crazy still, think we may see a change in the near future though. :?

lejackal

Grand Master
I think the definition of beaters has changed. Previously it was probably anything c6/7 and below without a weapon. Now it's stuff that's ****ed. Properly ****ed. The c6/7 that was previously a beater is now an entry level figure that will end up costing more than a c8 complete as whoever buys it is going to go back to the same dealer later and have his pants pulled down for the blaster or is army building a random figure and calling it a focus collection :roll: :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I was randomly looking on ebay today, AFA 80 Boba Fett, ÂŁ150!!! What the? Also a Trilologo loose Boba Fett ÂŁ600.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I know, it's crackers, I need a complete Leia Organa but ... the blaster alone goes for stupid money so it s a forget that for now!

That's why I side collect as well with my son, GB, Thundercats,MOTU Turtles etc but even they are expensive as well now

Patience is the only thing on a vintage collectors side, if your in it for the long haul then that takes a bit of the pain away.

stu70

Padawan
Ebay seems to be full of listings for rare variants or factory or paint app errors, different coloured hands or arms etc, when really they are just knackered.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
At the moment everyone is at home browsing and spending. I feel in a couple of months when reality bites things may change, but who knows, vintage Star Wars is pretty niche and may be immune. I don't really remember the 2008 crash making much difference.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah a lot of the prices for loose figures generally are crazy but for beaters it makes no sense. It required a lot of patience and it was quite frustrating trying to finish my loose set. I still need a couple of accessories and they're just not around for a decent price. I'm also after a Leia Bespin flesh neck and it's just insane amounts of money people are asking for a complete one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom