Help needed identifying Leia Bespin (including Baggie).

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi all,

Well there's nothing quite like wasting time working on a reseal I say and today was the day for my 30 A Leia. She was originally resealed but didn't have a footer or gun taped and also need a little other work. Prizing her open was straight forward enough, as was taping her weapon and I had an original Bespin Leia footer as well so I'm happy enough with my efforts. There's nothing I could do with the small tear to the right of the bubble seal as it was originally there and I don't really want to touch up the black missing litho so I've left it for now.

My question is if this is the correct Leia for this release? It's the figure that was resealed on this card back when I received it so I'm thinking it's good but thought I'd double check to see if anyone knew for sure.

My other question is the second Leia I've taken pictures of came with a baggie and has slightly crossed eyes as well as a thicker cape. The cape is cross hatched on the inside so I'm sure it's original but I wondered if any baggie or Leia experts knew anything about her. As you can see from the last pictures of the 2 figures her hair is also slightly redder if that helps.

Any info appreciated.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,033

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's the other Leia.

Attachments

• IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2467.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,031
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,031

Palifan

Sith Lord
Last couple.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpg
    IMG_2469.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,037

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Think the Baggie itself is Esb c not sure on the variations on the actual figures/ coo that come with it Frank is the man for that.
The Palitoy looks great as a reseal as well mate 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Think the Baggie itself is Esb c not sure on the variations on the actual figures/ coo that come with it Frank is the man for that.
The Palitoy looks great as a reseal as well mate 8)

Thanks Mike and I figured Frank would be the man to comment on the baggie so hopefully he's still around on here at the moment (I'm not sure I've seen him here though of late :? ).

Ian

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Sorry not really been on in an age guys - my bad!

Would be an ESB-c baggie as Mike suggested but I am useless with coo types, but this site will answer our questions, it's Jay's leia bespin guide which is awesome -

http://leia.bespin.info/index.php?pageID=6

Palifan

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Sorry not really been on in an age guys - my bad!

Would be an ESB-c baggie as Mike suggested but I am useless with coo types, but this site will answer our questions, it's Jay's leia bespin guide which is awesome -

http://leia.bespin.info/index.php?pageID=6

Thanks for that frank, much appreciated and it's good to know that both you and Mike agree on the baggie type. She's quite funny looking with her cross eyes and I'll have a good look through the link you sent.

Cheers for now and also good to see you on here :D

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Ian,

I have a 30A Leia which has been partially opened to nick the gun out of (not by me, obviously!), but the figure has never been removed from the card, so hopefully this might help answer your question:

Carrie Never Looked Better! - 09.jpg

Close-up Leia.jpg

If you need a better photo, just shout and I will remove it from my cabinet and take some new close-up ones.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Hi Ian,

I have a 30A Leia which has been partially opened to nick the gun out of (not by me, obviously!), but the figure has never been removed from the card, so hopefully this might help answer your question:

Close-up Leia.jpg

If you need a better photo, just shout and I will remove it from my cabinet and take some new close-up ones.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, that's the one I have as I can see the wide stance and printed eyes match up and after looking through the site that Frank passed on the COO matches up with the Palitoy 30A (although on the site it does say Palitoy 30B but I think this might be a typo as I'm pretty sure that only the Palitoy 30A figure has a flesh neck with the 30B having the red collar).

I also found out from that site that my figure is in deed the baggie C kenner version known as the fugly Leia lol! It's quite a common one with the COO being family 2 but it does have the much harder to find V3C cape which is much thicker and textured so that's nice to know.

Thanks again for everyone's help with this it's been very much appreciated and it's nice to know exactly what you have :).

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Hi Ian,

Close-up Leia.jpg

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, that's the one I have as I can see the wide stance and printed eyes match up and after looking through the site that Frank passed on the COO matches up with the Palitoy 30A (although on the site it does say Palitoy 30B but I think this might be a typo as I'm pretty sure that only the Palitoy 30A figure has a flesh neck with the 30B having the red collar).

I also found out from that site that my figure is in deed the baggie C kenner version known as the fugly Leia lol! It's quite a common one with the COO being family 2 but it does have the much harder to find V3C cape which is much thicker and textured so that's nice to know.

Thanks again for everyone's help with this it's been very much appreciated and it's nice to know exactly what you have :).

Ian

Hi Ian,

The 30B card can come with either the flesh neck or red / maroon neck Leia. I've no idea which one is rarer (let's face it, any 30B Leia is rare!), but you can see a lovely example of a flesh-neck 30B here in Palitoyman's excellent thread:

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35189&hilit=leia+bespin

Thanks.

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Hi Ian,

Ian

Hi Ian,

The 30B card can come with either the flesh neck or red / maroon neck Leia. I've no idea which one is rarer (let's face it, any 30B Leia is rare!), but you can see a lovely example of a flesh-neck 30B here in Palitoyman's excellent thread:

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35189&hilit=leia+bespin

Thanks.

Jeremy

I didn't realise that so thanks for letting me know (It did seem like an odd mistake to make on a site that's clearly done a lot of research although I can't find any mention of the Palitoy 30A Leia on there so I have to just think it's the same as the 30B for the flesh neck version).

I can still see though that my Leia is the same as yours and I also sold one to Sublevel a while back and that also is the same figure so it must be good.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom