Another day, another reseal (well sort of).

Palifan

Sith Lord
So today I thought it would be a good idea to try my hand at another project I've been putting off for a while.

A few years ago I managed to pick up a fully sealed Palitoy Large Han Solo 12 back cut card and have been thinking about what to do with it ever since. In the past I've has a few different sealed cut cards and I made my Luke and Leia reseals by using 2 of these which happened to also be Palitoy 12 back ones that I mounted onto their correct card backs. I didn't mind pealing a thin layer off the back of these card backs to mount them as there are plenty of these mocs out there and it's given them a nice afterlife in my opinion. The thing with this Han one though is that the large head Han Solo on a Palitoy 12 back is so rare that I really didn't want to go the same route so after much deliberation I thought I would just assemble the pieces without actually attaching the cut card and thus keeping it whole.

As you can see below I've prepped the cut card now which all lines up pretty well to a old reseal I had. The reseal I used came apart pretty easily and as someone had done a repair to this card back before I bought it (years ago0, I didn't mind using it. I was going to cut a section out of the card back so that I can sink the cut card into it flush but as this card back isn't perfect I thought I would leave as is for now and have a think before doing that.

It would be great to do this with just a card back and leave the reseal as is so I may wait to see if one comes along and do let me know if you have a card back that would work and hopefully we can figure a trade out or something for it (a card back for one with a bubble perhaps?).

Hopefully I haven't crossed any collector line by doing this as I feel I've kept the cut card together as a piece of history but have also found a nice way to display it.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_2482.jpg
    IMG_2482.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_2470.jpg
    IMG_2470.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 745

x-pack

Grand Master
I used to do this sort of thing. You can make a nice displayable piece of of bits. Not sure if some collectors frown upon it but I don't see a huge issue.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice work Ian. I sympathise with you not wanting to fully mount it as you have done with your Luke and Leia, and the end result here looks very good anyway, so I think you made the right decision.

Thanks for sharing your work :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the support guys and it will line up better once it's sunk into the space that I need to remove from the card back. I'll wait for now though as mentioned as a better option for a card back may present itself at some point (maybe even from a member here :wink: ).

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Ian, that's superb. Really hope you find another card, although think it would look amazing anyway. Will keep my eyes open for you...

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Ian, that's superb. Really hope you find another card, although think it would look amazing anyway. Will keep my eyes open for you...

Thanks again guys for the comments and also thanks Andy for keeping an eye out. I have a nice card back with no green backing (which doesn't matter), but it doesn't quite work. I know you know how these things go but I'm in no rush so I'll wait and see if anything turns up.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just to update this thread slightly, after a lot more trimming and sanding than I first thought :roll: , I've finally managed to get the top loader that I'd adjusted to fit my Han into a perspex case.

It really did take a lot of fiddling with to get everything to fit but at least now I feel there's a little more protection for this mounted sealed cut card and it will display pretty much the same as my other reseals .

Now that's a good start to Fathers day for me and no glue needed! :D

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3508.jpg
    IMG_3508.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 167

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
That looks superb Ian, fantastic job on that look awesome on display, congrats on that,all the work really does pay off 8) 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
That's a really great looking end result there, Ian. Very well done for your perseverance; it was definitely worth it!

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys and although the bottom right of the bubble doesn't quite look aligned, it's only due to it not being 100% flush to the card back due to the way the top loader needed to be cut but looks pretty lined up when I look at it (you can never quite photograph things the way they actually are).

Happy enough though and I don't ever want to properly attach this cut card to the card back as I would need to peel the backing off of it and then you would never know that it's a Palitoy 12 back.

Ian

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Looking good as always Ian. I havent done one myself got a while, cardback prices are insane at the minute. Saying that I was cleaning my collection room the other day and i realised that including my 12 and 20 backs, I have around another 30 Palitoy logo,d cards in my collection which have been rebuilt in some way. I'd actually lost count!

I'm trying to advise my son to move out so I can get them on display properly :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
Looking good as always Ian. I havent done one myself got a while, cardback prices are insane at the minute. Saying that I was cleaning my collection room the other day and i realised that including my 12 and 20 backs, I have around another 30 Palitoy logo,d cards in my collection which have been rebuilt in some way. I'd actually lost count!

I'm trying to advise my son to move out so I can get them on display properly :lol:

I remember you also doing a lot of work with your reseals but I find I have to be in the right state of mind to do them now. I still have a nice Chewbacca to piece back together but it's going to take a lot of work.

I like your thinking with your son though :lol:

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom