Bubble ID

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I did a deal on here and picked up a couple of bubbles one of which I knew would perfectly match up on a Han Hoth ESB cardback to do a reseal which came out well

I have a bubble now left over, but trying to ID it as I need a couple of bubbles to finish off my 20 back run ( rarely see them)

So my question is can this bubble be I'd d ? As I don't think it is fit for a 20 back

Any advice from gurus on here would be welcomed :D

Attachments

• IMG_4462.JPG
    IMG_4462.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_4463.JPG
    IMG_4463.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_4464.JPG
    IMG_4464.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_4465.JPG
    IMG_4465.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 652

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's a tricky one to ID Mike as there's not much to go on (unless you have all the mocs in front of you).

It's quite large and deep so it would figure that it's something bigger than Han Hoth... Gamorrean Guard poss? It also has a short stem which might help to identify it but I'll take a look through one of my vintage collecting books and see if I can come up with a better suggestion.

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks Ian

Gauges against my 20 and 12 backs and seems to match the Wally reseal 20 back I have, but not sure

Don't think Jedi cards had a stem, so down to esb and 12/ 20 backs

Just trying to see if I can use for either the LXW or DSD 20 back cards I have

Thanks for chipping in mate, appreciate it

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My first thought was a 31 back FX-7, but looking on ebay don't think so. I've looked at my MOCs and no match, the bubble is really deep. Bossk, Hoth Stormtrooper and Hammerhead perhaps? I have 20 back Luke X-Wing and Death Star Droid and they don't have the same bubble.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Thanks Ian

Gauges against my 20 and 12 backs and seems to match the Wally reseal 20 back I have, but not sure

Don't think Jedi cards had a stem, so down to esb and 12/ 20 backs

Just trying to see if I can use for either the LXW or DSD 20 back cards I have

Thanks for chipping in mate, appreciate it

I'm not sure that it's a 12/20 back as looking at what litho is there on the left hand side of the bubble the black litho looks to thick to be from a double racetrack boarder like both the 12/20's have. That's why I was thinking it was an Empire/Jedi one although I didn't realise that Jedi didn't have a stem at the bottom so it must be from ESB.

Saying that it could still be from a 12/20 character but is there any coloured litho left on it? I can't quite make out the right hand side of the seal so it would be good to see a closer picture of that if possible (if that would even help identify it?!).

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Think your right on the racetrack, looks like ESB, unfortunately !

Attachments

• IMG_4471.JPG
    IMG_4471.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_4472.JPG
    IMG_4472.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_4473.JPG
    IMG_4473.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 601

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Been trawling through ref guides, nearest I can see is Luke Bespin ESB 45 back Kenner

Attachments

• IMG_4474.JPG
    IMG_4474.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 586

Palifan

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Been trawling through ref guides, nearest I can see is Luke Bespin ESB 45 back Kenner

That does look like a fairly good match. Can you see any evidence of sellotape residue on both sides of the bubble?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom