Another quick reseal

Palifan

Sith Lord
This weeks reseal is a project I've been meaning to do for a while now.

I had this 30 back Palitoy Imperial Commander that had the nameplate missing as well as a bad crease through the centre but did have a nice bubble and the original footer. By luck I had a card back of the same figure and as it was the same Palitoy 30 back I thought it was time to marry these two up together and give it a place on display (if I can find any room lol!).

I only went as far as the first 30 released for my reseal collection but as I have a few opened card backs with bubbles of the next 10 released I thought it was worth while sorting them out.

I do have a figure for this reseal in my loose collection so I may well use that one or buy another and seal him in with his weapon tapped to the side at some point but it's nice to finish this one.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 773

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys and I thought the same as you Mark about the price sticker. i was thinking about maybe taking it off and sticking it on the back of the card to keep it together but I may just leave this one as is as it's a fun one.

Still more reseal work for me to do whilst I'm at home so I'll keep you all posted if I work on some more.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
That's excellent work, Ian! From the finished photo, you'd never know it wasn't all from the same card.

Best of luck if you decide to tackle any more, and I look forward to seeing the results!

Jeremy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:

I had this 30 back Palitoy Imperial Commander that had the nameplate missing as well as a bad crease through the centre but did have a nice bubble and the original footer. By luck I had a card back of the same figure and as it was the same Palitoy 30 back I thought it was time to marry these two up together and give it a place on display (if I can find any room lol!).

I only went as far as the first 30 released for my reseal collection but as I have a few opened card backs with bubbles of the next 10 released I thought it was worth while sorting them out.

I do have a figure for this reseal in my loose collection so I may well use that one or buy another and seal him in with his weapon tapped to the side at some point but it's nice to finish this one.

Ian

It looks great Ian, I am a little bit confused did you use the cardback with the missing nameplate or any parts from it ? :?

Any pictures of the other cardback that you found ? :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

It looks great Ian, I am a little bit confused did you use the cardback with the missing nameplate or any parts from it ? :?

Once I finished this I thought that I should have taken more pictures before I started and I've just finished another and didn't take pictures again before starting lol!

Anyway, the finished one you see with the mounted bubble was originally just a card back with no bubble but it did have the name plate. The card back you see with the missing nameplate had a bubble attached to it originally so I removed this bubble and then mounted it onto the card back. I did have to peal a layer of card off of the back of the bubble that I removed and then I pealed a top layer of card board (plus picture), off of the front of the card back so that the bubble would sit flush onto the card.

Hopefully that's clear although it does sound more complicated than it is so I wish I'd taken more pictures :lol:

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Once I finished this I thought that I should have taken more pictures before I started and I've just finished another and didn't take pictures again before starting lol!

Anyway, the finished one you see with the mounted bubble was originally just a card back with no bubble but it did have the name plate. The card back you see with the missing nameplate had a bubble attached to it originally so I removed this bubble and then mounted it onto the card back. I did have to peal a layer of card off of the back of the bubble that I removed and then I pealed a top layer of card board (plus picture), off of the front of the card back so that the bubble would sit flush onto the card.

Hopefully that's clear although it does sound more complicated than it is so I wish I'd taken more pictures :lol:

Ian

Thanks Ian for the update, now I understand all of it :lol: it looks great, I can't even see where it is put together :shock:

Tomasfuria

Youngling
such a wonderful job! Still not getting it. Could u please post some pictures of the process?? to me looks like witchcraft! hahaha :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Tomasfuria said:
such a wonderful job! Still not getting it. Could u please post some pictures of the process?? to me looks like witchcraft! hahaha :D

Well, I can't show you Ian's fabulous process, but if you want to see a step-by-step of my own, try this :)

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40652

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Tomasfuria said:

Well, I can't show you Ian's fabulous process, but if you want to see a step-by-step of my own, try this :)

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40652

Jeremy

Well done Jeremy for posting the link, I'd forgotten about this thread I started and I'll have to dig that figure out as it's been a while since I've seen it.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom