Deoid factory droids - figures or not?

Redward

Youngling
Hi everyone,

Interested to get your views on whether the four droids from the droid factory could be considered figures or not - mechano, tracto, quad-pod and rollarc.

Of course there's the monster droid and the 5 other variations, not to mention r2d2 3 legs which I'd include as a figure.

I haven't seen them in any loose collections, wondered why...

Thanks!

x-pack

Grand Master
Good question. Certainly not part of what is considered to be the full run of figures as far as I'm aware. The figures are probably so scarce they might even be considered less as 'figures' than even the Wampa or Taun Taun.

As you mentioned they are perhaps more like the Trash monster. More of an oddity. Having said that, isn't the third leg R2 part of that set?

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have the 3 legged R2 in my loose collection, also the Takara wind-up.

I don't really consider them in a full run, I do however count Blue Snaggletooth and the Max Rebo band, totaling 100 figures.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The composition of a 'full run' has always been subjective, so if anyone wants to count the Droid Factory droids as bona fide figures for the purposes of their own run, no-one has a right to tell them they're wrong or right. Do I personally count them? No, but that doesn't mean I'm right or wrong to do so either! :-D

My 'full run' consists of many variants most collectors probably wouldn't include, and let's face it, even Kenner themselves considered the run to have just 93 figures in it by the time Yak Face was released, and you won't find too many collectors that would agree with that total! :lol:

Redward

Youngling
Thanks everyone you're right it's up to each of us - I like the idea of having every figure whether in the full run, part of a playset or anything else so I'll def include blue snaggletooth, dianoga, 3 legs R2, both carbonite hans, plus jabba, salacious crumb and the rest of the beasts. Still think it's a shame there wasn't a bantha...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom