Huge increase in postage prices to USA from July

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is not good news for sellers: https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020

Palifan

Sith Lord
So do you think this means that the price will be going up with items being sent to the UK from the US?

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
So do you think this means that the price will be going up with items being sent to the UK from the US?

Ian

I'm pretty sure it will mean exactly that. The above article blames the increased price on:

"An increase of more than 100% in the fees the US Postal Service (USPS) charges for the 'last mile' delivery of international mail.

Securing air freight at inflated market costs due to a 95% reduction in air passenger flights globally following the outbreak of Covid-19.
"

If that's so, then at the very least the increased air freight costs will presumably affect flights both ways, which will push up prices from the US to the UK. Plus, if the USPS is effectively adding a 100+% tariff on the delivery of international mail (perhaps as a way to bolster lost profits as a result of fewer international deliveries being sent under COVID-19? Perhaps as a result of that idiot Trump's fondness for trade wars? Who knows?), then you can be fairly certain other countries' mail services will respond in kind, clobbering the poor consumer, who always loses in the face of corporate greed (because maintaining and increasing company profits is always far more important than delivering good value or, god forbid, fairness to the customer).

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian

I'm pretty sure it will mean exactly that. The above article blames the increased price on:

"An increase of more than 100% in the fees the US Postal Service (USPS) charges for the 'last mile' delivery of international mail.

Securing air freight at inflated market costs due to a 95% reduction in air passenger flights globally following the outbreak of Covid-19.
"

If that's so, then at the very least the increased air freight costs will presumably affect flights both ways, which will push up prices from the US to the UK. Plus, if the USPS is effectively adding a 100+% tariff on the delivery of international mail (perhaps as a way to bolster lost profits as a result of fewer international deliveries being sent under COVID-19? Perhaps as a result of that idiot Trump's fondness for trade wars? Who knows?), then you can be fairly certain other countries' mail services will respond in kind, clobbering the poor consumer, who always loses in the face of corporate greed (because maintaining and increasing company profits is always far more important than delivering good value or, god forbid, fairness to the customer).

Jeremy

I figured as much but had a glimmer of hope that it wouldn't effect things going to other way. I'm pretty you're right Jeremy and things have just gotten more expensive for all of us again. I can see the issue though with the flights costing more ect. as this will probably be just the very start of what to expect from this point on with all things we have to buy.

let's just hope that things can change back to how they were in some way. I know this whole situation is going to take a long time (if ever), to right itself but we have to stay as optimistic as possible right now.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom