Share your childhood vintage toy repairs

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
With all the wonderful weather we have had in lock down, it brought back memories of playing in the garden with my star wars toys.
However my Han Hoth was the only toy to get damaged, as his head fell off :eek:
He was fixed, quite ingeniously , with a phillips screw to the top of his head.
Has anyone else memories of repair jobs by parents ? :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
My gran made me a new bib for the Ugnaught. It was just as good as the original. She was s seamstress for the police at one point though.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I remember my Luke Bespin being softer plastic than the other figures which resulted in one of his legs breaking off. As an 8 year old the only repair I could come up with was blu-tack... which was crap! :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Saddened/ in-a-strop that I'd torn my Vader cape at the arm-hole, my dad traced and cut out a new one onto the plastic faux-leathery slip cover that his calculator came in. He hole-punched arm holes. It certainly lasted, just shy of 40 years I reckon.

JvgZmb.jpg

With material like that, he'd make 4LOM's head turn.

Palifan

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Saddened/ in-a-strop that I'd torn my Vader cape at the arm-hole, my dad traced and cut out a new one onto the plastic faux-leathery slip cover that his calculator came in. He hole-punched arm holes. It certainly lasted, just shy of 40 years I reckon.

JvgZmb.jpg

With material like that, he'd make 4LOM's head turn.

Nice try but I can see clearly that that's a Taiwan variant Vader you have there :wink:

Ian

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I wish I still had my old toys. Han would have gone well with Vader and sand people :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom