Pali Luke X Wing question

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Trying to complete 20 back run of reseals

Question ......is relating to the LXW Palitoy moc, did this always have the black smuggler blaster ? Or was the blue blaster used as well ?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
My 20 back definitely has a black one, but I haven't noticed what other ones have. As you've probably seen I have quite a few Luke X-Wing MOCs and the Kenner ones have a mixture of black and blue blasters.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
On the Palitoy 20 back I've only ever seen Luke come with the dark blaster.

Quick question for edd_jedi, just out of interest for my own knowledge, when you say that the Kenner ones have a mixture of black and blue blasters, are you referring to later MOCs, or are you aware of any 20 or 21 back Kenner Luke X-Wings coming with anything other than the dark blaster? Thanks.

Jeremy

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks gents, black it is, I thought that would be the case with the 20 backs and Palitoy being early on before the Kenner switch. Bugger as I have 4 blue Smuggler blasters and no spare black ones ..c'est la vie!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Pretty sure my childhood one had a blue one, but not 100%

I've always thought that the Palitoy 20 back came with a dark blaster but I think the Cantina Creatures came with a blue one. This is one for Gazza to answer as he has those lovely Palitoy 20 back mocs :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Cazza said:

I've always thought that the Palitoy 20 back came with a dark blaster but I think the Cantina Creatures came with a blue one. This is one for Gazza to answer as he has those lovely Palitoy 20 back mocs :wink:

Are we at cross purposes here? How blue are we talking? :) Because all of the 12 and 20 backs I've ever seen (including the Cantina creatures) have come with dark weapons, either very dark green or very dark blue, both of which look practically black until you see them up close in bright light. And certainly all of my childhood 12 and 20 backs came with these dark weapons, along with every 12 and 20 back Palitoy MOC I've ever seen. If it's this very dark (almost black) blue you mean then yes, it was used on some Star Wars 12 and 20 backs.

However, what I would call 'blue' (i.e. the obviously much lighter blue weapons of the same shade that the Snowtrooper and Dengar's rifles came in, along with IG-88's weapons), I have never seen on a single 12 or 20 back. Yes, some ESB and ROJ carded reissues of the first 20 figures came with their weapons moulded in the much lighter blue plastic, but to my knowledge none of the first 20 came that way on any Star Wars logoed card, whether 12, 20 or 21 back. That's why I asked Edd the question about the US 20 and 21 backs above, because if the much lighter blue weapons did come on any 12, 20 or 21 back (Palitoy or Kenner) then it's news to me, and I would like to know about it to increase my knowledge.

I don't mind in the least if I am wrong, but I would like to know! :)

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Cazza said:

Are we at cross purposes here? How blue are we talking? :) Because all of the 12 and 20 backs I've ever seen (including the Cantina creatures) have come with dark weapons, either very dark green or very dark blue, both of which look practically black until you see them up close in bright light. And certainly all of my childhood 12 and 20 backs came with these dark weapons, along with every 12 and 20 back Palitoy MOC I've ever seen. If it's this very dark (almost black) blue you mean then yes, it was used on some Star Wars 12 and 20 backs.

However, what I would call 'blue' (i.e. the obviously much lighter blue weapons of the same shade that the Snowtrooper and Dengar's rifles came in, along with IG-88's weapons), I have never seen on a single 12 or 20 back. Yes, some ESB and ROJ carded reissues of the first 20 figures came with their weapons moulded in the much lighter blue plastic, but to my knowledge none of the first 20 came that way on any Star Wars logoed card, whether 12, 20 or 21 back. That's why I asked Edd the question about the US 20 and 21 backs above, because if the much lighter blue weapons did come on any 12, 20 or 21 back (Palitoy or Kenner) then it's news to me, and I would like to know about it to increase my knowledge.

I don't mind in the least if I am wrong, but I would like to know! :)

Jeremy

I feel the same as you about this Jeremy as I always thought the 20 backs came with the dark blue/black/green-black ones . That's the way I always remember them but I have seen these figures paired up with the more blue colour as well. I'm thinking the blue blaster goes with later releases of these figures but it would be great to know from anyone who has sealed examples of Palitoy 20 backs to take a look and let us know (shout out to Cazza again :D ).

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
My MOC has the darker version, but the gun I always used with my childhood LXW was the lighter blue. However, it's possible the light blue one was from my Han Hoth (just checked my Han Hoth MOC and he has the lighter blue blaster). Not very helpful, sorry!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
My 20 back LXW has a dark blue blaster, the same colour as the blasters that the Cantina aliens have.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
My MOC has the darker version, but the gun I always used with my childhood LXW was the lighter blue. However, it's possible the light blue one was from my Han Hoth (just checked my Han Hoth MOC and he has the lighter blue blaster). Not very helpful, sorry!

What colour are the ones in those Cantina Creature mocs you recently picked up Andy?

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Sorry for the delay- just checked and they're all the darker version.

Thanks Andy, that's good to know and I'll have to take a look at my reseals and loose figures to check what weapons I have with these figures.

Ian

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just looked at mine, and it's black.
Just as dark as the black on Luke's boots and accessories.

Attachments

• 20200611_220256.jpg
    20200611_220256.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 737

Palifan

Sith Lord
This is very useful to know and helps when picking up loose figures from the this era.

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, thanks all for the responses really helps as Ian says when picking up loose and for me as well when ensuring I get it right for the reseal :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom