SWFUK Swap Day event idea - thoughts?

jayums

Jedi Master
Hope all is well guys. Strange times and I know a lot of people need cheering up and in difficult situations , so this my idea. I think it would be fun, but don't know what you think??

We have a Star Wars vintage swap day !

So this is how I imagine it working ... we agree to post pics on a Saturday of things we are up for swapping . I'm really thinking fairly low value stuff here (random parts , loose figures , beaters ... whatever really !)

Then the next day at a set time we start negotiating at an agreed time. No PMs just everything out in the open , playground style !!
See if we can negotiate some swapsies
No cash, or high value stuff. Or anything to trigger great ructions. And only members who post things to swap the previous day participate (?).

I'm not envisaging this being heavy negotiations, but i know I've got several things that I'm not that inclined to stick up for sale on eBay and would rather swap out . It might be that no deals get over the line, but it would just mainly be a bit of fun and banters. If we got 20 + of us participating that would be cool I think.

Anyway guys don't know what you thought about this idea. Could possibly be a terrible one but wondered if there is any interest on the forum for a vintage Star Wars swap day ?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I think it could work. As long as there is enough interest and enough people have things they'd like to swap and receive, it could be good. I'll have to have a think and see what I would like to part with and what I'd like to try to get!

Jeremy

jayums

Jedi Master
Cheers Jeremy - hope all is well 8)

I probably have about a dozen things knocking around (nothing worth more than 50 quid individually) that I've no particular attachment to and wouldn't probably bother selling otherwise. Would be happy to exchange for a change of display scenery !

I think there are enough chilled out people on here to take it at all in good spirit without it descending to Facebook style bunfights! I think it could be fun. Equally it might be a bit rubbish, but no harm done I guess !

Will see there's enough (Or any!) interest over the next week or so and take it from there (and Ed and mods give it green light obviously!).

James

jayums

Jedi Master
Cheers guys - we've nearly got a handful ! :D

I don't think the idea has quite captured the imagination of the forum but I don't think it is thaaaat bad an idea!
Haven't done swapsies since my Italian 90 sticker album / garbage pail kids :lol:

If we get get close to 20 people I reckon that's enough to give it a go and then we can agree a date (if Ed / mods okay with the idea :?: )

lejackal

Grand Master
I like the idea, I don't necessarily think it should be limited in terms of value though, it's nice to see nice things offered up (even if I can't afford them or have nothing to trade)

jayums

Jedi Master
Yep ^ I agree ... I guess I just was worried in case it made it all bit too serious , but no harm in offering anything up for swaps ... if nothing else it's always good fun to look at what people have knocking around !

jayums

Jedi Master
poncho said:
I might have some bits

What about other toy lines from the vintage starwars era

That's such a great idea . let's face it I'm sure lots of forum members have a shared interest in other toys lines from the same era. I am partial to battlestar and buck Rogers (and worryingly , have started to pick up the odd smurf or two!).

poncho

Grand Master
Maybe this saturday or next

Saturday swap shop.

Bits your willing to trade/swap

Vintage toys and accessories

Starwars,heman,gijoe,actionman,actionforce, AD&D,transformers.....etc you get my jist.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think it is a great idea, not that I have time to take pictures of everything that I have that I need to sell or trade, I now have 5 moving boxes :oops: and it is hard to find the time for it. Some times I find ½ hour or something like that and take some pictures of a few items and put them for sale or trade.

So I can for sure add a few pictures of a few items :D

I have traded a lot in the past on the forum and I loved it, but there is not so much to trade with anymore on the forum as there was years ago :(

About if it will work, I am not sure about that. We have a trade thread. But maybe some members need a kick in the ass just like me :lol: and maybe this thread can help with that :D

jayums

Jedi Master
I think what I will do is post a new thread and have it up for a week or two before the agreed swap day ? That would give people time to post their pics up on the Swap thread, and maybe build a bit of excitement (possibly too strong a word!) ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
jayums said:
I think what I will do is post a new thread and have it up for a week or two before the agreed swap day ? That would give people time to post their pics up on the Swap thread, and maybe build a bit of excitement (possibly too strong a word!) ?

sounds like a great idea

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't have much as I normally turn over stuff quickly.

I do have a Lucasfilm Star Wars Fan Club badge to swap

Attachments

• 900D0EDB-3016-4A82-A086-176EFBE80986.jpeg
    900D0EDB-3016-4A82-A086-176EFBE80986.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 276

lejackal

Grand Master
Grant_C said:
I don't have much as I normally turn over stuff quickly.

I do have a Lucasfilm Star Wars Fan Club badge to swap

Here's the swap thread that Jayums set up

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41091

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom