COVID19 Lockdown Delays to Parcel Post

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I ordered a Lili Ledy Boushh figure from Mexico back in March. It was posted on 10th March, but due to delays to parcel post caused by the COVID19 lockdown, it didn't arrive until yesterday, some 3 months and 3 days later! What's more, my postman told me that a co-worker of his reports that in Thurrock there is a Royal Mail warehouse the size of 5 football pitches filled with undelivered foreign parcels that have built up due to the lockdown! I know it isn't affecting all countries' post equally however as I have received a few deliveries from Europe and a couple from South Korea in the time it's taken my Mexican one to turn up, so it all seems a bit of an unknown quantity. What it does tell us however is that if you are waiting for a delivery from overseas and it hasn't turned up yet, you might be in for a very long wait!

Luckily for me, my wait is now over and this little dark brown beauty has finally been added to my loose variant collection (and if anyone's interested, I have posted an update to the relevant Toy of the Week thread here: https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=39523&start=15):

10.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
I was in broadly the same boat, this was posted in Mexico on 17 March and arrived barely an hour ago

Attachments

• 7C0C12C1-193F-4D7C-8448-6AB133610D7E.jpeg
    7C0C12C1-193F-4D7C-8448-6AB133610D7E.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 902

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Two great additions to your collections.
The post is all over the place at present, I've had stuff from Europe take three days and something from the Midlands take 2 1/2 weeks.
The moral here is have faith and it will turn up ....eventually.🤞

coomber75

Sith Lord
exactly same here, hong kong arrived in a week, somerset 3... the again im not sure thats covid related :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I bought this Rebel Soldier on Friday evening on eBay and received it on Tuesday so I can't complain:

Attachments

• E26DE5F5-65B3-4EC6-BC86-46F80CB8B23D.jpeg
    E26DE5F5-65B3-4EC6-BC86-46F80CB8B23D.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 837

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I bought this Rebel Soldier on Friday evening on eBay and received it on Tuesday so I can't complain:

No you certainly can't :wink: lovely MOC by the way.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I wanted to buy some boxershorts in australia, but seller told me that he did not mail to denmark at the moment because of corona. There was no planes with mail from australia to denmark and it would take 3 months with ship :shock: But I could try to contact him again in a few weeks or months. Then he would let me know if there is planes again with mail from australia to denmark.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I wanted to buy some boxershorts in australia, but seller told me that he did not mail to denmark at the moment because of corona. There was no planes with mail from australia to denmark and it would take 3 months with ship :shock: But I could try to contact him again in a few weeks or months. Then he would let me know if there is planes again with mail from australia to denmark.

I bought a book on eBay that was posted from Australia after lockdown started, and that arrived OK. It was a little slower than usual, but it arrived just fine. Perhaps things have changed in Australia since then, or perhaps posting to Denmark from Australia is different to posting to the UK from Australia, or perhaps the person you were speaking to didn't know what he was talking about? If he can post to the UK, you are welcome to have him send it to me and I can then post it on to you.

Jeremy

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

I bought a book on eBay that was posted from Australia after lockdown started, and that arrived OK. It was a little slower than usual, but it arrived just fine. Perhaps things have changed in Australia since then, or perhaps posting to Denmark from Australia is different to posting to the UK from Australia, or perhaps the person you were speaking to didn't know what he was talking about? If he can post to the UK, you are welcome to have him send it to me and I can then post it on to you.

Jeremy

Is that after you've tried them on and posted pictures? :lol: :lol: :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Jeremy

Why, do you think Lars will have 'felt my presence'? ;-)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:

Jeremy

Why, do you think Lars will have 'felt my presence'? ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Jeremy

Thanks mate, I talked with seller 5 weeks ago and he told me he got a lot of angry customers because they had waited 2 or 3 months for packets that was mailed as airmail and then he learned there was no planes with packets from australia.

Thanks for the offer mate, but then I guess you get a tax bill or something like that ? or is there no tax form australia to the uk ?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Jeremy

Thanks mate, I talked with seller 5 weeks ago and he told me he got a lot of angry customers because they had waited 2 or 3 months for packets that was mailed as airmail and then he learned there was no planes with packets from australia.

Thanks for the offer mate, but then I guess you get a tax bill or something like that ? or is there no tax form australia to the uk ?

That's a good point, there is import tax and VAT to pay depending on the value of the item plus its postage costs. If the total value is very low then there won't be, but otherwise yes there probably would be :-(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Jeremy

That's a good point, there is import tax and VAT to pay depending on the value of the item plus its postage costs. If the total value is very low then there won't be, but otherwise yes there probably would be :-(

Maybe the tax is cheaper to the uk than denmark ? :lol: but then again I have to pay for mail twice :( There is no rush it is not vintage star wars only boxers :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom