Floating weapons

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hey guys, recently I got back into collecting, which I'm enjoying, and I spotted a jawa on eBay, with a weapon, I asked the guy does it float, he sent a pic of it floating in water, I was about to buy, then I spotted someone selling repo weapons that float 🙈 to someone like myself whom haS limited knowledge of these things, what would be your best advice to give me, on spotting repo's? Last thing I want I'd to buy figures I think are complete, and yet I could be buying repo 😬

Regards,

Scott

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
TIG is a good start point with weapons, unfortunately there are now repro that are so bloody convincing it's a nightmare, the only way is to ask the seller for close up pics of whatever item your looking at and to reference sites like TIG even post the pics up on here, there are members that are really up on how to spot fakes and repros it's a bit of a lottery on eBay but that's the rub of collecting nowadays unfortunately! After a while you do get better at spotting repro s, but as said it's a bloody nightmare nowadays so use the resource you have on this forum and at least it gives you a bit of assurance.
I know I have had a lucky escape a few times with baggies by referencing this forum and guys on here for advice.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
TIG is a good start point with weapons, unfortunately there are now repro that are so bloody convincing it's a nightmare, the only way is to ask the seller for close up pics of whatever item your looking at and to reference sites like TIG even post the pics up on here, there are members that are really up on how to spot fakes and repros it's a bit of a lottery on eBay but that's the rub of collecting nowadays unfortunately! After a while you do get better at spotting repro s, but as said it's a bloody nightmare nowadays so use the resource you have on this forum and at least it gives you a bit of assurance.
I know I have had a lucky escape a few times with baggies by referencing this forum and guys on here for advice.

https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hey Mike, thanks for the link, I've looked at the blasters for ages, so hard to tell tbh, these are the 2, what are your views on these guys?

EEEFBFAF-F4B2-491D-9DBB-F9C2A2F38405.jpeg

0316E951-37CF-4DBF-8B1F-573953C913EF.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TwistedMetal said:
Hey Mike, thanks for the link, I've looked at the blasters for ages, so hard to tell tbh, these are the 2, what are your views on these guys?

EEEFBFAF-F4B2-491D-9DBB-F9C2A2F38405.jpeg

0316E951-37CF-4DBF-8B1F-573953C913EF.jpeg

As far as I know there is not any repro yet of that blaster missing the bump, so I would say it is original :)

But I need to have it in my hand before I can ID it for sure. Maybe other members can confirm if it is original with only looking at pictures :wink:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi bud

As Lars says don't think there is a no bump repro out there, but who knows at the moment
Really hard to tell on the pics, solid dark blue is the one I say, but it does look quite a bright blue colour on the pic you've posted, we need a Jawa officianado to confirm it for you bud

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom