Pete in ROTJ weekly

spoons

Grand Master
A few years back naughtyjedi or the Vintage Rebellion's Peter Davis posted a pic of him meeting Vader after winning a toy prize.

This weekend I spotted a letter from a 10 year old Pete in ROTJ weekly - what a great record to have of that event!

ROTJW-No-56-Jul-11-84-letters-1.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
That's very cool, does he still have the photo mentioned in the letter?

spoons

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
That's very cool, does he still have the photo mentioned in the letter?

edit - sadly not, but he does have another pic with Vader. Found Pete's first post

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18902&p=263798&hilit=photo#p263798

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
You can tell he's so old, how can you forget this letter!!!! Great memory Pete, you need to get that in some frame and in the collection

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
are there any other forum members or star wars collectors in this comics ?

Not that I've notcied in 230 issues but still 100 to go, but I heard a rumour that one of the FB collectors had a drawing published so will post when I find it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
are there any other forum members or star wars collectors in this comics ?

Not that I've notcied in 230 issues but still 100 to go, but I heard a rumour that one of the FB collectors had a drawing published so will post when I find it.

I think it is a little strange that not many of the kids writing to the comic is star wars collectors or something like that today on forums :shock:

I think it is the same in denmark. I have only heard about 1 or 2 collectors that has a letter in the danish star wars comics and danish fan club magazines :shock:

spoons

Grand Master
Probably around 2000 letters/writers in these things Pomse2001 and there are maybe a couple of 100 regularly posting collectors on Facebook, of which I'll recognise/remember maybe 50 names. A good chance I've missed a few :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Probably around 2000 letters/writers in these things @Pomse2001 and there are maybe a couple of 100 regularly posting collectors on Facebook, of which I'll recognise/remember maybe 50 names. A good chance I've missed a few :)

That is cool, that so many writers from the comics is still active in the star wars universe, I would also think it would be strange if they were not active today :D

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:
Probably around 2000 letters/writers in these things @Pomse2001 and there are maybe a couple of 100 regularly posting collectors on Facebook, of which I'll recognise/remember maybe 50 names. A good chance I've missed a few :)

That is cool, that so many writers from the comics is still active in the star wars universe, I would also think it would be strange if they were not active today :D

I think you misunderstood Lars, I don't know any others like Pete bit would imagine that some writers still collect

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

I think you misunderstood Lars, I don't know any others like Pete bit would imagine that some writers still collect

Oh sorry yes I must have misunderstood you :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom