James Martin / Waltham Wookiee

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm very sorry to let you all know that forum member James Martin AKA Waltham Wookiee has sadly passed away. I have known James for a number of years and met him many times at events and socials. He was well liked within the hobbies social groups, and will be a big loss. I also have a couple of MOCs that came from him, which will now hold a special place in my collection.

RIP James, I'm sure you will all join me in offering sincere condolences to his friends and family.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Proper gutted. James was a great collecting friend. Saw him on many star wars socials in Fordingbridge, Redditch and various celebrations to name just a few.

We collected helix at around the same time together and I was lucky enough to get first dibs on his collection when he moved it on a couple of years ago. These pieces will have a special place now.

I also got to see his trilogo and Chewbacca collections before he moved those on and moved into action force.

I think my best story involving James was the infamous old Rosie night in Ringwood where I fell asleep in the curry house and can't remember most of the night. He found me locked out of the White Star were we were staying at half one in he morning, unable to speak and about to wet myself as I couldn't work out how to get back in as they had locked the doors. Anyway, James ensured I got back to my room ok. Much appreciated fella!

I also had the pleasure of having him stay with us for several weeks when he was in London doing his barbers apprenticeship. A gentlemen and a top bloke.

RIP James

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
What tragic news. I may not have known him personally, but this is still a very sad thing to hear.

My sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

Rest in peace.

x-pack

Grand Master
He was a good fella. I didn't know James personally but he was one of those chaps who would come up and say hello at events. I remember him from Farthest From. One of the lads 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I do not remember I have ever writen or talked with James, but I have seen some of his threads and pictures of his great collection.

RIP James

and my sincere condolences to his friends and family

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
He put up one hell of a fight - took a lot of strength and courage to do that and it appeared at one stage he looked like he's won, or had certainly got the upper hand.

Still have the SWFUK mug he did for the forum a few years ago. He always did some cool swag for Celebrations! Remember that VME tool he did as a bottle opener?

I helped him put together his Helix run and there was a time we messaged each other almost daily, but over time he slipped away from Star Wars and went after Action Force.

So sad to see anyone go before their time but even moreso when it's someone you knew.

RIP James.

Attachments

• DSCN3987.JPG
    DSCN3987.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,341
  • DSCN3983.JPG
    DSCN3983.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 1,326
  • DSCN3855.JPG
    DSCN3855.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,341
  • DSCN3856.JPG
    DSCN3856.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,328

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Incredibly sad news. Met him many times at the meet ups and various events. He sold me one of my very first MOCs. I heard that he was poorly but imagined he'd be okay. Rest in peace James.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks for the heads up, Edd. Really sad news. I didn't know James, but he always came across as a really nice guy. Way, way too young :( My thoughts are with his family.

UKS

Jedi Knight
He had one of the best AF/Joe collections I have seen online. So many very hard to get MOC Hasbro AFs.

Very sad.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Unbelievably sad news.
I had met and spoke with James at a few FF and toy fairs a really nice guy.
He did a payment plan so that I could add a MOC to my collection that will now hold memories of him, and of course the SWFUK Christmas tee shirt he designed a few years ago.
RIP.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
RIP.
Just saw this on instagram.
I never knew him personally, only through being on here, and I think he had a stall at a couple of Echo Lives.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I met James at a few Farthest From's and he was always easy to approach and have a chat about any old guff.
I had no idea he was ill so this has come as a real shock.

RIP Waltham Wookiee

grinchy

Sith Lord
very sad news, i didn't know him, but its always sad when a fellow collector passes, way to young, thoughts are with his friends and family

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
RIP buddy. My 12 back DSC came from James, which will now mean a lot more.
Very nice bloke indeed and was nice to share a passion of toys outside of Star Wars too.
Sad day for the community. :(

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Really sad news to hear. I met James about 20 years ago when he was a skateboarding extra on a TV show I was working on. Really friendly dude from the off we then reconnected through the forum and our skating connections. Chatted about Star Wars, music and skateboarding over the years truly gutted he lost his battle.

Rest in peace fella and keep riding that board wherever you are

Dave

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
This is sad. I didn't really know him but had bought a few things from him and chatted on messenger. I found him so friendly and helpful and quite happy to offer advice and pointers to someone like me who doesn't know very much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom