Prices on loose figures

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
I was watching a few loose figures during my time on furlough and have noticed some figures have shot up in value or should I say what people are bidding up to. Some have gone down also surprisingly most notably last 17 r2d2 which a few sales have been very reasonable. The few figures that I thought had jumped were like poncho some had gone over the £200 mar loose complete and warok which was selling for over £125 loose also like Jedi has crept up aswell. Any body noticed any other figures that stand out?

jared007

Padawan
I've noticed in general prices seem to have crept up the last few lockdown months. If others are like me, then it's actually been a good few months to save money by virtue of not really being able to spend like previous (no trips to pubs, no dinners out, no movies, not spending £10 a day for lunch/coffees at the office etc). I wonder if that has translated to people able to spend more on the figures they need at the moment?

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yeah I'm the same as that no pub trips except the one,
No dinners out although I did pop to the cafe friday 😃 so yeah I am saving money also and spending that on figures. But you can
Bet the ones you want are the expensive ones even paploo went for nearly £70.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yeah ugnaughts a good one especially the purple bib variant, how about Yoda also he seems to have gone up.

jared007

Padawan
I put this question out to my subscribers, and also a FB discussion this week. Overwhelmingly people have responded to say the market has shot up everywhere. And not just vintage star wars - other collectible domains too.

So it seems that lock-down has been a bit of a catalyst for people to pick up some new hobbies, and/or find a new way to spend their cash at the moment. Good time to be a seller!

maxf

Jedi Master
20% pay cut, but I feel like Ive got more money than ever tbh - no trips out, no popping out for something you forgot at the shops and spending £30 on rubbish, no random dinners out because you cant be arsed to cook, no travel costs and no petrol for 3 months. We're just getting back to normal but some of these new habits seem to be sticking too. Add into that the odd person who has taken the mortgage holiday while still earning and disposable income is way up for many people.

Of course there are people struggling too, working hard in the same way as before, or just not lucky enough to have some of the benefits many other do.

What will be interesting will be to see how prices fare in the next 6-months. Some of the economic and unemployment predictions are sobering to say the least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom