Vectis mentioned on Daily Mail

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8603911/British-collectors-hoard-600-vintage-action-figures-goes-sale-staggering-130-000.html

First thought was are we all now classed as hoarders ? :roll:
And I didn`t know Vectis had a Stockton on Tees, County Durham branch.

This is a massive achievement for the collector and I hope the sale exceeds expectations for them.

UKS

Jedi Knight
TBF the seller has a huge range of great stuff graded - Not the normal Star Wars - But slightly odder stuff like BraveStarr etc.

I have smaller bids on about a dozen things - If I wasn't in the middle of a house extension - I think I would go a bit mad. :)

UKS

Jedi Knight
Some of the stuff would have cost more to grade than the thing in the Perspex box!

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
My first thought is, the seller has probably spent £100K on grading!

The seller should have been getting his own special rate with the graders.
It's obviously something that they have enjoyed doing
Like us all.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
welshwookie said:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8603911/British-collectors-hoard-600-vintage-action-figures-goes-sale-staggering-130-000.html

First thought was are we all now classed as hoarders ? :roll:
And I didn`t know Vectis had a Stockton on Tees, County Durham branch.
It's the Daily Mail, they've never been concerned about accuracy.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
This sale will be really interesting going on what the last few vectis sales have been like with common jedi 77 backs going for crazy money and all across the 80s toy lines this year I have seen a hugh increase in price and collectors or dealers paying way over the value of an item or a joblot.

Mail estimate or vectis could be under valued realised prices of some of them items will be very interesting.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I know the stuff I want, I would have got at half the price I am bidding, a couple of years ago, and I feel it may go for double what I am offering.

Eek.

UKS

Andyh1976

Padawan
Its going to be an interesting watch. We'll see if things settle down any. I hope they do as my MOC collection has seriously stalled this year!!!

UKS

Jedi Knight
Vectis is a bit mad again today. Supernaturals figures (which I picked up for a pound each and have never been worth anything!) sold for figures like 280 quid. Madness.

I haven't seen the results of my bids but I am absolutely sure that I will lose them all. Boo!

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Anyone else having trouble with the sound. It won`t let me connect to the facebook platform?
fb.gg as mixer service is closed.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Yep mixer closed a few weeks ago (I think!)

Not sure Vectis is even aware of that. They have never struck me as the most tech savvy org

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Anyone know what the knickerbocker LOTR went for? I missed them. (Lots 5023/24/25)

Lot 5023 - £420 (plus fees)
Lot 5024 - £360 (plus fees)
Lot 5025 - £380 (plus fees)

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
wow, someone wanted a Greedo. :shock:
I`m delighted by the prices mind, going to show the wife tonight.
But seriously if these are all from the same seller, then congratulations on the outcome - its nice when something you have enjoyed and invested in over the years pays off for you. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom