large item acrylic cases ?

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm thinking about getting an imperial shuttle case as the bottom tape really can't hold out forever. And due to the box size it does tend to be at the bottom of my stack.
Has anyone had large cases arrived broken in the post, as Christians falcon packaging looked bomb proof, but he doesn't make this item.
Has anyone bought one from UK graders or a larger case, and what was the packaging like?
Thanks Paul

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I bought a graded one. The packaging was about the same size as that for a washing machine/dishwasher. That was about 10 years ago, but the shuttle hasn't changed in size. Postage is now worked out on size and weight though. So while it won't weigh much it is huge and it could add a fair bit to the price.

Assuming you cant collect?!

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
weasel said:
I bought a graded one. The packaging was about the same size as that for a washing machine/dishwasher. That was about 10 years ago, but the shuttle hasn't changed in size. Postage is now worked out on size and weight though. So while it won't weigh much it is huge and it could add a fair bit to the price.

Assuming you cant collect?!

I suppose it's possible could collect, I have a few items that I will want graded eventually, but not sure if UKG are doing the meet up in the harvester at the moment with covid.
Plus it has been mentioned on fb that they are a little behind with orders, and emails. Real busy.
Did yours grade well, as mine is sealed?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Nah, I bought it graded.

No harm in dropping UKGraders an email and asking what the approx postage costs for a case would be, they should be able to give you a ball park figure. Then you can ask if you could collect and drop off a few items to be graded while you do. Or drop off the items first and collect whenever they are ready

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom