Toy Toni

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
He never went away. Bought a few things off him over the past 6 years, last two being mint pop-up R2s on Trilogo. 2-3 years ago his prices were about right but they've been on the high side since then.

He wouldn't dare sell any more of his post-factory assembled pieces anymore, so there's no risk of picking up anything dodgy.

philliperry

Padawan
Ah right. He's got a Palitoy Walrusman on there at the moment and I've noticed he's had a few Han Hoth's. Classic TT's! But you reckon they're legit these days?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
His 'home made' carded figures did not use trilogo bubbles, so anything he sells with a large trilogo style bubble is (probably) legit. His selling goes through peaks and troughs, there was a period a few years ago when he was chrurning out loads of genuine Kenner MOCs in his Brighton shop stall, I would go in there most weeks and there were new ones for sale (with old ones sold) almost every week. But this year he's hardly put any out at all. We'll probably never know for sure, but my guess is rather than running low on stock, he simply only sells things when he needs to. So he must not have any expensive diving holidays coming up :lol:

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I wondered when looking at his Han Carbon Tri logo Cardback recently (£100) what happened to all the Cardback he had ?

MarkG

Jedi Master
Leemcl said:
I wondered when looking at his Han Carbon Tri logo Cardback recently (£100) what happened to all the Cardback he had ?

Think most if not all went into his home made MOCs.. a few did make it out onto the market in the early days but that's probably about it.
He's always been very limited on communication and never discloses what stock he has. It's always been a 'what do you need and I'll see if I have it' answer.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
MarkG said:
It's always been a 'what do you need and I'll see if I have it' answer.

The answer to which is usually a lie because there have been many occasions he's told me he doesn't have something, only to put one (or ten) up for sale later.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I think the ultimate SW run would be a "full" set of ToyTonis!

UKS

MarkG

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
MarkG said:
It's always been a 'what do you need and I'll see if I have it' answer.

The answer to which is usually a lie because there have been many occasions he's told me he doesn't have something, only to put one (or ten) up for sale later.

Honestly never noticed that with him. When I was actively collecting mocs I did contact him a few times regarding particular figures.. ones I know he did used to offer.. kind of in the hope of catching him out if he would still offer 'fakes' behind the scenes. Always got the 'no' don't have that one.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
When I started collecting trilogos again in 2014, I asked him if he had a pop-up R2. This is back when he used to sell them for £150. He said no. I've seen him sell probably 10 of them since, admittedly for more money but I didn't specify how much I was willing to pay. I think he is just very cautious of letting on how much stock he has in fear of affecting the value, even though everyone knows he's got a tonne of stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom