Millennium Falcon Instructions

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Tonight while sorting some boxed items , I discovered a spare falcon instruction sheet.
I had never noticed before the 2 are different lengths, is this normal or 1 a fake ?
Paul

Attachments

• 20201005_202147.jpg
    20201005_202147.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 959

Pomse2001

Grand Master
welshwookie said:
Tonight while sorting some boxed items , I discovered a spare falcon instruction sheet.
I had never noticed before the 2 are different lengths, is this normal or 1 a fake ?
Paul

I think I have seen it with other instructions that I have from childhood lots, but I do not remember the vehicle they came with, sorry that I can't help more.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
They both look pretty real to me, Paul. I also don´t know why anyone would try to fake instructions and then choose different proportions.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks both, they both look genuine, and have the old paper smell.
My wife kept me busy yesterday with an acrylic case she bought for me. 8)
It took a while to get at the vehicle needed, and there`s always a distraction while digging around. I found this, but still no Palitoy booklet.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
welshwookie said:
It took a while to get at the vehicle needed, and there`s always a distraction while digging around. I found this, but still no Palitoy booklet.

Have you checked the text on them ? maybe there is more that is different on them and not only the size :wink:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
welshwookie said:

Have you checked the text on them ? maybe there is more that is different on them and not only the size :wink:

I think it was all the same, just shorter paper.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Seeing as ESB branded boxes still carried SW branded instructions, I wonder if one goes with SW and another with ESB.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Seeing as ESB branded boxes still carried SW branded instructions, I wonder if one goes with SW and another with ESB.

I can`t recall seeing a star wars falcon, not regularly on ebay for reference. The kenner star wars vehicle has a white instruction sheet. However it got me thinking , did this end up in my bi logo box, and the OCD in me bought the white sheet years ago.Thinking it was wrong. Hence this floating around my paper file.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
welshwookie said:
chipsteak said:

I can`t recall seeing a star wars falcon, not regularly on ebay for reference. The kenner star wars vehicle has a white instruction sheet. However it got me thinking , did this end up in my bi logo box, and the OCD in me bought the white sheet years ago.Thinking it was wrong. Hence this floating around my paper file.

Palitoy never released the Falcon in Star Wars packaging. It debuted for Palitoy in an ESB box, but came with Star Wars branded instructions.

I never knew the instruction sheet came in 2 different sizes though! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
welshwookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
welshwookie said:

I think it was all the same, just shorter paper.

ok :D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
welshwookie said:
chipsteak said:

Palitoy never released the Falcon in Star Wars packaging. It debuted for Palitoy in an ESB box, but came with Star Wars branded instructions.

I never knew the instruction sheet came in 2 different sizes though! :)

Ah I hadn't noticed that, thanks. Now I know that my ESB box with the SW scene is the same one I had as a kid. Which makes me happy. :D

walkie

Sith Lord
An interesting little fact. Is there any chance you could tell us the dimensions of the instructions? the smaller one looks to be shrunken down version.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
walkie said:
An interesting little fact. Is there any chance you could tell us the dimensions of the instructions? the smaller one looks to be shrunken down version.

Yes, but it could be a day or so, l should have done that when I took the picture :idea:
It's a bit like the tri logos Edd is after.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
walkie said:

Here you go -

Attachments

• 20201119_213457.jpg
    20201119_213457.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 630
  • 20201119_213424.jpg
    20201119_213424.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 630
  • 20201119_213350.jpg
    20201119_213350.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 635
  • 20201119_213309.jpg
    20201119_213309.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 628
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom