My thrift store find

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Hey guys,

I wanted to share with you a bit of fortune I had last year when my mother messaged me she had found some Star Wars stuff at the local thrift store and she sent me a picture showing 3 minirigs and a box I did not recognize. She asked me if I was interested. The price was € 65. I told her I was and she bought it for me. I went round later that day to pick it up.

IMG_20191206_171011.jpg

Interesting enough the boxes were all taped shut, so I opened them. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

IMG_20191206_171459.jpg
IMG_20191206_171716.jpg
IMG_20191206_172643.jpg
MVIMG_20191206_171944.jpg

Interestingly, the unknown (to me) set is a Fisher Price Adventure People Alpha Interceptor. And the figures are 'Male Astronaut', 'Opticon' and 'Clawtron'. Very cool.

IMG_20191206_173539.jpg

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
The boy or girl who used to own this wrote his observations about his figures on the Interceptor's box.

Somewhere it says: "their name: the rivals" :)

MVIMG_20191206_173611.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
what a great find! That's one big thing I miss about not being in the US, those amazing thrift stores they have, there are some amazing things to find in them although I don't remember ever seeing any vintage SW.

Great haul :)

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Hey guys,

I wanted to share with you a bit of fortune I had last year when my mother messaged me she had found some Star Wars stuff at the local thrift store and she sent me a picture showing 3 minirigs and a box I did not recognize. She asked me if I was interested. The price was € 65. I told her I was and she bought it for me. I went round later that day to pick it up.

IMG_20191206_171011.jpg

Interesting enough the boxes were all taped shut, so I opened them. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

IMG_20191206_171459.jpgIMG_20191206_171716.jpgIMG_20191206_172643.jpgMVIMG_20191206_171944.jpg

Interestingly, the unknown (to me) set is a Fisher Price Adventure People Alpha Interceptor. And the figures are 'Male Astronaut', 'Opticon' and 'Clawtron'. Very cool.

IMG_20191206_173539.jpg

Wow what a great lot you got there and great that your mother can help with the hunt :wink: I have to talk with my mother now :lol: I really love the cardbacks and cool that there also was figures in the boxes :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks guys, Maybe I'm too sentimental, but I'm keeping the lot together to honour this boy or girl's childhood. I'm hoping this will one day earn me some kind of collector's karma. 8)

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
That's a great find. I've got one of those interceptors from my childhood so it's really interesting to see the box it would have come in. I don't remember having to build it though.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Thanks guys, Maybe I'm too sentimental, but I'm keeping the lot together to honour this boy or girl's childhood. I'm hoping this will one day earn me some kind of collector's karma. 8)

Sounds like a good idea, if you get the time for it can you then please share some pictures of the coo of the 4 figures that match the 4 cardbacks and also pictures of the cape and sabre for vader the skirt for the stormie and the helmet for lando :D Could be cool to get this kind of info :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Alisdairmac said:
That's a great find. I've got one of those interceptors from my childhood so it's really interesting to see the box it would have come in. I don't remember having to build it though.

The manual was included too though they are not in the photographs I made. I could make a few if you'd like?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Capetown said:

Sounds like a good idea, if you get the time for it can you then please share some pictures of the coo of the 4 figures that match the 4 cardbacks and also pictures of the cape and sabre for vader the skirt for the stormie and the helmet for lando :D Could be cool to get this kind of info :D

Haha, Lars, I will do that for you. How is this of interest if I may ask?

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Capetown said:
Alisdairmac said:

The manual was included too though they are not in the photographs I made. I could make a few if you'd like?

Yes please. I'd love to see that

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Pomse2001 said:
Capetown said:

Haha, Lars, I will do that for you. How is this of interest if I may ask?

I guess there could be a good chance that this figures was sold on the cardbacks. I try to learn which variants that was sold on each card variant and also if they all are packed with the same type of cape, helmet and weapon varinats :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom