The most in-depth guide to the original Kenner Star Wars Action Figures

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Hello All,

We just wanted to make people aware of our new upcoming Kickstarter campaign which should launch 5th November.

We have just had approval for the campaign and you can visit the KICKSTARTER preview at this link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readfivedesigns/star-wars-toy-guide-vol-1-kenner-action-figures-1977-1985

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,431
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,439
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,431
  • 9a.jpg
    9a.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,427

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Details of prices and rewards will be available at the campaigns launch on the 5th November 2020. We think you will be very please at the price point. Thanks

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The kickstarter for this project is now live here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...y-guide-vol-1-kenner-action-figures-1977-1985

I must say, this project looks terrific and so I have just backed it. As you might expect from a Kickstarter project, there are various levels of support you can pledge, but £75 + £15 p&P in the UK will get you a copy of the book if it reaches its funding target of £127,000 by 20th December 2020 (they're currently at £31,000 after just a couple of days), and the book itself has an estimated delivery date of March 2021.

Here's the promo video (and no, I'm not on any commission! :lol: )

[youtube]MbtkpnV8d2Y[/youtube]

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...y-guide-vol-1-kenner-action-figures-1977-1985

I must say, this project looks terrific and so I have just backed it. As you might expect from a Kickstarter project, there are various levels of support you can pledge, but £75 + £15 p&P in the UK will get you a copy of the book if it reaches its funding target of £127,000 by 20th December 2020 (they're currently at £31,000 after just a couple of days), and the book itself has an estimated delivery date of March 2021.

As I have the Kellerman book I didn't feel that this one would be for me but after seeing the video and reading the KS I think I'm in for just one more guide book. Really impressive looking and I can imagine volume 2 will be equally as impressive if they get funded.

I'm blaming you Jeremy for this :lol:

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:

As I have the Kellerman book I didn't feel that this one would be for me but after seeing the video and reading the KS I think I'm in for just one more guide book. Really impressive looking and I can imagine volume 2 will be equally as impressive if they get funded.

I'm blaming you Jeremy for this :lol:

Ian

Guilty as charged, your honour! :lol:

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback here, very much appreciated. We are four days into the Kickstarter and 25% funded but still a long way to go!

We appeared Friday on Bossk's Bounty Live Stream for his YouTube channel to have a chat about the book and answer questions. Please take a look if you have the time:

https://youtu.be/1lhNjZQJbgE

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Snaketibe said:

Thanks for the support, its very much appreciated! :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Did the thing too, though I'm not really into carded stuff, but I love how this looks and I'm thinking part 2 might be MIB (here's to hoping). 8)

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Should we be successful with this book, we plan to do volume two as Vehicle, Creatures and playsets with the same kind of treatment! Thanks for everyone's support!

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
readfivedesigns said:
Should we be successful with this book, we plan to do volume two as Vehicle, Creatures and playsets with the same kind of treatment! Thanks for everyone's support!

That would be amazing! Good luck!

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Need to get over the hurdle of this campaign first. Worth watching the video interviews posted earlier particularly the Paliboys one at 00:13:30 as the card backs flowcharts are explained. Thanks

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I really hope you do it, I have to say its not looking good at the moment it seems the core supporters have already backed you and your not even half way. Really unfortunate timing in the middle of a Pandemic and close to Christmas. Don't give up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom