newest member

potter2603

Hey guys,

i am a complete novice when it comes to collecting vintage SW figures so tend to stick to ones which have already been graded and come supplied in their acrylic case in the hope that these can be passed down to my son in the very far future knowing i had looked after them for however long that may be and that perhaps they could give him a start in life financially.

so the story goes there was a recent passing in my family and the house was cleared, comics and figures had been placed into a skip so upon a visit to my parents and prior to the funeral i ventured to the skip to keep any mementos that reminded me of my childhood whilst being at my grandparents. I didn't ever see any star wars figures whilst my grandfather was alive although he had many die cast war memorabilia , i came across a VC Jawa in a small box, bubble wrapped with what seemed like the real accessory weapon and my initial thoughts was its a counterfeit but i feel i am not experienced enough to make this decision and also wouldn't want to have this graded just to be told its fake and to have wasted my money. It would be nice to have this memento knowing if it was real or not though really for piece of mind, whether i should rather protect it a bit better or to let my son play with it if he came across it. I have attached a couple of images to gain a general consensus of the experience on this site and to what your thoughts may be, any help would be appreciated

thank you guys

RP

Attachments

• VC Jawa textured cloth external.PNG
    VC Jawa textured cloth external.PNG
    65.9 KB · Views: 551
  • VC Jawa side view.jpg
    VC Jawa side view.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 571
  • VC Jawa side view flash on.jpg
    VC Jawa side view flash on.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 554
  • VC Jawa hatched cape.jpg
    VC Jawa hatched cape.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 550
  • VC Jawa front view.jpg
    VC Jawa front view.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 551
  • VC Jawa COO.jpg
    VC Jawa COO.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 547
  • VC Blaster.jpg
    VC Blaster.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 554
  • VC Blaster side view.jpg
    VC Blaster side view.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 549

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi, welcome sorry to hear about the recent passing in your family. I'm no expert but I asked the same question when looking at buying one. Here is the thread it should help.

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38433

potter2603

Thank you for your swift reply, its so hard to compare though from a newbie persoecrive and i havent taken the cape off. Woukd the hatch of the cape be on the outside or the inside as its on the outside. I have kenobi but he is in an acrylic case so its difficult to compare the two capes thicknesses. Your link provides an interesting read.

RP

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's really hard to say from your pictures and I can't quite tell if the Jawa has small eyes (the correct one should be large eyes). Someone just posted this link for a sealed Palitoy one so maybe take a look at the close up pictures and see if the eye size and cape look to be the same size and colour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Palitoy-Vinyl-Cape-Jawa-MOC-Unpunched-Graded-UKG-80/133577508384

Of course the figure could have been upgraded at some point (and you may even have a large eyed one but it's hard to tell from the angle), and also the cape could have been taken off and put on the other way but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Ian

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Again, sorry for your loss. The cape is the wrong colour - it's too light. It should be almost the same colour as the Jawa. Although there are slightly lighter and darker shades of Jawa you can see in your side on photo the arm is a lot darker than the cape. The cape is not genuine in my opinion.

potter2603

Those were my initial thoughts on the cape. There are a couple on ebay atm that i am watching with a UKG 85 in which i was thinking of purchasing

I'll keep this conterfeit little memento to remind me of any future purchasers and although it will coat me more i will probably stick to the already graded ones

Real thanks for your help guys

RP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom