Anyone else having a vintage drought?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Wreck-It Ralph
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Anyone else having a vintage drought?

Post by Wreck-It Ralph »

jayums wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:47 pm
Wreck-It Ralph wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:04 am
This year is not off to a good start, it’s nearly March and I have not bought anything. I have reduced my focus to just 30 backs but given how buoyant the market has been I thought something would have come out of the woodwork!
Judging from your amazing collection in the showcase section , you don't need any more mate :lol:
I only need a few more pieces and then I’ll stop moaning :lol:
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they’re called memories. Some take us forward, they’re called dreams.
jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:46 pm
jayums wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:47 pm
Wreck-It Ralph wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:04 am
This year is not off to a good start, it’s nearly March and I have not bought anything. I have reduced my focus to just 30 backs but given how buoyant the market has been I thought something would have come out of the woodwork!
Judging from your amazing collection in the showcase section , you don't need any more mate :lol:
I only need a few more pieces and then I’ll stop moaning :lol:
I'd only need one of your pieces and I'd stop moaning :lol:
olisuds
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by olisuds »

Collecting has been very slow for me after having 6 months out of work. However I've noticed that eBay has really dried up and there is very little interesting stuff for sale. My usual saved sellers have had nothing for sale for months. Even the classifieds on the forums don't have much. Perhaps it's all moved to facebook. I'm struggling to keep up with all the facebook groups though and stuff sells so quickly I usually miss it.
WTB: Unused Palitoy Card Backs
jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

olisuds wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:48 am
Collecting has been very slow for me after having 6 months out of work. However I've noticed that eBay has really dried up and there is very little interesting stuff for sale. My usual saved sellers have had nothing for sale for months. Even the classifieds on the forums don't have much. Perhaps it's all moved to facebook. I'm struggling to keep up with all the facebook groups though and stuff sells so quickly I usually miss it.
That's what I think has happened. I don't think that's a bad thing in a sense to escape eBay fees (which have contributed to price increases imo).

Equally I have no desire to traipse around Facebook so once I've completed my loose run I think I will be pretty much done with regards to vintage Star Wars. Not in a bad way ; I'm just happy with what I've got! Might save up and get a really nice moc or two for display maybe , we shall see !