Argos Catalogue 1984 - 4 pack

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 13.09.15.png

Just out of interest does anyone know how where these packed?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Also interesting that they got two of the figures wrong in either the description or photo!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Everything I got from Argos as a Kid broke within a week!

Interesting though.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
Also interesting that they got two of the figures wrong in either the description or photo!
Yes, and the blaster looks wrong on the rebel soldier, looks more like a black Pilot Blaster to me? I presume they were all baggies in a white outer box.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think these just came taped together , but may be wrong , but seem to have a vague memory of getting a taped together figure lot / present as a kid, could have been Freemans thou as my mum was a rep and think a lot of my sw came from them :)

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
bosk70 said:
I think these just came taped together , but may be wrong , but seem to have a vague memory of getting a taped together figure lot / present as a kid, could have been Freemans thou as my mum was a rep and think a lot of my sw came from them :)

Interesting stuff. So Freemans also sold multipacks.
Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 15.35.21.png

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 07.51.39.png

Just noticed...but Image 2 shows an interesting Ewok. Could it be a prototype? looks a bit like Romba remodelled. Interesting.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Clawrence said:
Just noticed...but Image 2 shows an interesting Ewok. Could it be a prototype? looks a bit like Romba remodelled. Interesting.

I could be wrong, but that looks like a Paploo figure wearing a bizarre extra dark brown Wicket hood, holding a Teebo axe.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Snaketibe said:
Clawrence said:

I could be wrong, but that looks like a Paploo figure wearing a bizarre extra dark brown Wicket hood, holding a Teebo axe.

Think you might be on the money there, the hood might have been an early design change they made before it went to full production.
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 08.20.06.png
found a Prototype photo by Kim D. M. Simmons look at that Logray bottom right. :shock:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Clawrence said:
Snaketibe said:
Clawrence said:

Think you might be on the money there, the hood might have been an early design change they made before it went to full production.
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 08.20.06.png found a Prototype photo by Kim D. M. Simmons look at that Logray bottom right. :shock:

Wow, great prototype photo! I've never seen that one before, so thanks for sharing it :)

£37 for an atat back in 1984 - that equates to £120 in today's money!

I got mine from coopers toy shop in Rotherham for a fiver, Christmas 1985 - my brothers present.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Wow great photos everyone, the sand dunes one is my favourite. When Ewoks go on holiday they do it properly!

momike

Jedi Master
I don't think they came in baggies and boxes like the Kenner MP's. I imagine if they did one would of surfaced by now. I seem to remember this being discussed years ago and from memory they were mocs taped together

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom