Wow - this is shocking.

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Wow - this is shocking.

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

Incidentally @Robstyley I agree that some collector mentality in groups over Repro is tantamount to bullying, and is all the more aggravating when half of them couldn’t recognise their arse from their elbow when it comes to Repro, whilst hiding behind their keyboards and memes, bragging about Repro bonfires when it would be much more useful to keep for comparisons in the future, and insisting that the safest place to buy and avoid Repro is said group, when it regularly gets sold in there.

But I revisited this RB video and its so one sided and full of crap it’s laughable. As @UKS points out it misrepresents opinion and statements all over the shop.

And don’t get me started on the posing naked with Star Wars... :lol:
Clawrence
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Clawrence »

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:10 pm
TIG is out of date now unfortunately. Look out for the new Variant Villains website later this year, which will have up-to-date information on COOs, weapon variants and reproductions, and the start of figure focus guides. A shit load of work is going into that.
Will look forward to this, good stuff :D
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by lejackal »

I’m not watching that for an hour to see what is shocking, but if it boils down to a CONVICTED CRIMINAL with a track record of producing COUNTERFEIT GOODS getting pissy on YouTube about being called out and ostracised for selling fakes that are designed to deceive collectors then I’m surprised to see people here defending him.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... g-venture/
jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

Hypothetical scenario- let's say there's a new Star Wars collector book full of digital scans of every card back... could you argue that is aiding reproduction? Where do all those scans come from? Where do the digital copies end up afterwards?! (A bit off-topic sorry!)
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

lejackal wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 am
I’m not watching that for an hour to see what is shocking, but if it boils down to a CONVICTED CRIMINAL with a track record of producing COUNTERFEIT GOODS getting pissy on YouTube about being called out and ostracised for selling fakes that are designed to deceive collectors then I’m surprised to see people here defending him.

Well said Carl. Worth taking a look at the link to see the kind of shit we’re talking about.
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by StarWarsFan »

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:08 pm
lejackal wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 am

Well said Carl. Worth taking a look at the link to see the kind of shit we’re talking about.
:shock: Blimey should have known.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You
x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by x-pack »

Oooh! Interesting. I'll give this a watch