fett sw moc price guide

coomber75

Sith Lord
hi guys... im thinking of taking the plunge on the last sw back i need any ideas what price i should expect to pay? also any leads appreciated
am also now looking for any help on a reseal option

jayums

Jedi Master
I wish I could help with this , but have absolutely no idea :lol: but I hope you land one at a fair price and that you post photos on here when you do mate 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Putting the feelers out in the community is definitely the best bet try and track down leads is the best way, obviously going to be silly money SW back and Fett Tax have massively bumped these up.
Personally I have a repaired resealed and happy with that, was lucky enoughto put him together with help from Ian on here. There's a couple on eBay in US at the moment stupid money and your always taking chances as well taking that route

Definitely use the community out there and contacts to track down this fella

Good luck with the search :D

Attachments

• AE10803E-A075-4550-880F-C5BC90F2D71F.jpeg
    AE10803E-A075-4550-880F-C5BC90F2D71F.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 908
  • 625C7730-45ED-42A3-8654-2C92D19C5483.jpeg
    625C7730-45ED-42A3-8654-2C92D19C5483.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 912

coomber75

Sith Lord
thanks guys appreciate it, to be honest id be happy with a reseal as at least a starting point... will be selling my rotj one to part fund it

coomber75

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Putting the feelers out in the community is definitely the best bet try and track down leads is the best way, obviously going to be silly money SW back and Fett Tax have massively bumped these up.
Personally I have a repaired resealed and happy with that, was lucky enoughto put him together with help from Ian on here. There's a couple on eBay in US at the moment stupid money and your always taking chances as well taking that route

Definitely use the community out there and contacts to track down this fella

Good luck with the search :D

love that fett!!!

lejackal

Grand Master
Following
the mandalorian
Fett tax is at an all time high. Personally I think you should be aiming at 1.5-2k for a presentable factory sealed MOC but you could very easily end up in 3k territory.
That said, I bet you could put together a reseal for a couple of hundred

coomber75

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Following
the mandalorian
Fett tax is at an all time high. Personally I think you should be aiming at 1.5-2k for a presentable factory sealed MOC but you could very easily end up in 3k territory.
That said, I bet you could put together a reseal for a couple of hundred

i would happily take a reseal then put the rest to a droids r2 moc for the focus :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well there are certainly a wide range of prices you could pay for sure depending on condition and indeed who is selling :!: Over the years I have seen decent MOC examples sell for as little as £800 which was my first example I picked up from the late, great Jim Stevenson many many moons ago(around the C-8 punched condition) all the way up to amazingly 18K for an exceptionally perfect AFA 90 example :shock: :eek:

My £800 example I sold in 2002 and always regretted doing so as even though I am predominantly a Palitoy collector that SW Fett is the first, the original, the introducing piece with that wonderful text on the front of the card 8)
I have a great memory of being totally blown away when I first laid eyes on the early figures on 12 & 20/21 back SW cards including the Fett when I first looked through the Tomarts guide back in 1995/96 because my
Childhood SW collecting was in the late Empire-Jedi era so I had never seen the early cards b4 :!:

In 2017 I decided to go for a replacement 21 example but this time I wanted a real high end one and fortunately I managed to find one that summer. Unfortunately it cost me 8x the £800 I paid Jim all those years ago :lol: However the huge profit I made on selling some MOCs in my collection that year paid for it :D
3DC91A5A-4562-490D-A81C-66A1229D9C36.jpeg

Attachments

• 0E7FB9B8-81BF-4621-9E2D-1CB663DE8F4A.jpeg
    0E7FB9B8-81BF-4621-9E2D-1CB663DE8F4A.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 604

coomber75

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Well there are certainly a wide range of prices you could pay for sure depending on condition and indeed who is selling :!: Over the years I have seen decent MOC examples sell for as little as £800 which was my first example I picked up from the late, great Jim Stevenson many many moons ago(around the C-8 punched condition) all the way up to amazingly 18K for an exceptionally perfect AFA 90 example :shock: :eek:

My £800 example I sold in 2002 and always regretted doing so as even though I am predominantly a Palitoy collector that SW Fett is the first, the original, the introducing piece with that wonderful text on the front of the card 8)
I have a great memory of being totally blown away when I first laid eyes on the early figures on 12 & 20/21 back SW cards including the Fett when I first looked through the Tomarts guide back in 1995/96 because my
Childhood SW collecting was in the late Empire-Jedi era so I had never seen the early cards b4 :!:

In 2017 I decided to go for a replacement 21 example but this time I wanted a real high end one and fortunately I managed to find one that summer. Unfortunately it cost me 8x the £800 I paid Jim all those years ago :lol: However the huge profit I made on selling some MOCs in my collection that year paid for it :D

mate thats just stunning moc... but sadly i think the reseal will be my only way forward... im just stunned a cardback cost that much in its own... that said looks cool as hell :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:

Fantastic piece to own if you can afford one especially given the fact it's Boba Fett on a Star Wars card, aesthetically it doesn't get much better than that!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:

Stunning example and being on a Star Wars card just makes that bit special.
I've often wondered what card back collectors prefer when it come to Fett!
The space scene with writing
The space scene without writing
Or the desert scene

I have a Jedi space scene Fett, but have always preferred the Desert scene myself, possibly as you don't see it so often?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I do love the desert scene too 8) On a Tri-logo example it is pure bliss :) I did own a Tri example in the late 90s and do miss it :cry:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
I do love the desert scene too 8) On a Tri-logo example it is pure bliss :) I did own a Tri example in the late 90s and do miss it :cry:

Now that's a great card back...and a rare and expensive one too!

coomber75

Sith Lord
have the jedi desert scene but doesn't fit my SW back run... who knew when I started I'd ever have an sw run lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210310_223651.jpg
    IMG_20210310_223651.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 299

coomber75

Sith Lord
have the jedi desert scene but doesn't fit my SW back run... who knew when I started I'd ever have an sw run lol
in fairness he is in stunning condition and if I were to buy an sw back he'd have to be sold to try and help fund it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom