Ben sabres - legit or repro?

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Can anyone help with a couple of Ben sabres please. I've stared at these till I'm nearly bog-eyed and I'm still not sure.

First one: From TIG it looks like it's a flat transition/normal tip. It's a floater even when pushed under water.

Vintage sabre 1-1.jpg

Vintage sabre 1-2.jpg

Second one: I've had this in my repro bag for ages but double-checked it again today. Again I'm thinking flat transition/normal tip. It's a sinker with a lettered hilt - 'B - which is on the correct side. Are there any repro letter hilts?
Vintage sabre lettered 2-1.jpg

Vintage sabre lettered 2-2.jpg

Vintage sabre lettered 2-3.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
The lettered hilt is definitely real, there are no known repro with lettered hilts.
Vulture time:

Should it happen to be for sale I'd be interested :lol:

I'm not sure either way on the other one, I'll try and check TIG when I've got the laptop open later

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Thanks, that's good to know. I got the lettered hilt saber as part of a lot of figures I bought years ago which came with a lot of repro accessories. I think I just float tested it and put it to one side - I never even noticed the letter till yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping it but if I change my mind I'll let you know :)

I'm pretty confident the other's legit, but one thing that was throwing me was the little plastic tab on the top at the hilt end. Is that where it would've connected to the sprue?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom