Ewok Village Relative Rarity Question

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm hoping someone here can help answer a question I have about the Ewok Village playset. In the UK, I believe we had two versions released. Firstly, a Palitoy version with just the English language 'Return of the Jedi' logo one side of the box, and with the Spanish & French language 'Jedi' logos on the other side of the box. And secondly, the Tri-logo version which, (since it was Tri-logo!) had all three languages versions of the 'Jedi' logo on both sides of the box, albeit with the words 'Ewok Village' being in just the English language on one side, and on the other side the Spanish and French language translations of the words 'Ewok Village'.

My question is, does anyone know whether one version is harder to find than the other? I'm sure relative rarity for non-Tri-logo boxed items compared to their Tri-logo equivalents must vary a fair bit across the vintage toy line, but does anyone know which version of the Ewok Village is the harder to find, if either? And as a supplementary follow-up question, how do the relative values of identical condition versions of the two playsets compare (i.e. if there was a Palitoy non-T-L Ewok Village and a T-L Ewok Village, both in exactly the same condition boxes, which would be the more expensive to buy)?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Jeremy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree with Grant that the trilogo one is slightly rarer, but much like the AT-AT and other large toys finding a nice one is the real challenge! I've been looking for a sealed trilogo one for over a decade, never seen one come up for sale (although have missed out on a few.)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks both of you. I agree finding really nice ones of either is tough, but I simply wasn't sure of the relative rarity of each.

Any ideas on my second question? Are they both of similar cost to buy (assuming you find 2 examples in the same condition as each other), or is one more expensive than the other?

Thanks.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Thanks both of you. I agree finding really nice ones of either is tough, but I simply wasn't sure of the relative rarity of each.

Any ideas on my second question? Are they both of similar cost to buy (assuming you find 2 examples in the same condition as each other), or is one more expensive than the other?

Thanks.

I would say tri-logo cost more than the bi-logo, Tri-logo is also harder to find than bi-logo :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks.

I would say tri-logo cost more than the bi-logo, Tri-logo is also harder to find than bi-logo :D

Thank you :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
As said the Tri logo is rarer

Ewoks are marmite, personally I like them, and like the play set .
I have the more common Kenner one :D love the artwork on the box, especially the black and white on the reverse

Like the the little things you find out/ notice when you actually do get one, like chief Chirpa & Logray being the only Ewoks depicted on the box ( as they were the only Ewoks available at the time of the play set release) same goes for there being no Han Trench Coat or Luke Poncho available so Luke Jedi and Han Bespin are displayed on the box, ( although the tri logo box does have Han Trench without his coat and Teebo and Wicket)

I prefer the one I have to the Tri logo, I would say by definition of the TL being rarer that it would be more expensive, but probably not really something in general that sellers would look into much, unless they were collectors themselves.

Here's mine & the Lads, like I said I love the artwork on the back 8)

Attachments

• 7FB80252-337E-4B71-830C-D248D5482CB5.jpeg
    7FB80252-337E-4B71-830C-D248D5482CB5.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 444
  • 56180585-4042-4E3A-9683-8458092ECC16.jpeg
    56180585-4042-4E3A-9683-8458092ECC16.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 447
  • AE430935-E8E0-46E7-9EBC-5C5886F168DE.jpeg
    AE430935-E8E0-46E7-9EBC-5C5886F168DE.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 442

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
As said the Tri logo is rarer

Ewoks are marmite, personally I like them, and like the play set .
I have the more common Kenner one :D love the artwork on the box, especially the black and white on the reverse

Like the the little things you find out/ notice when you actually do get one, like chief Chirpa & Logray being the only Ewoks depicted on the box ( as they were the only Ewoks available at the time of the play set release) same goes for there being no Han Trench Coat or Luke Poncho available so Luke Jedi and Han Bespin are displayed on the box, ( although the tri logo box does have Han Trench without his coat and Teebo and Wicket)

I prefer the one I have to the Tri logo, I would say by definition of the TL being rarer that it would be more expensive, but probably not really something in general that sellers would look into much, unless they were collectors themselves.

Here's mine & the Lads, like I said I love the artwork on the back 8)

Nice example. Thanks for sharing it, and for the info too :)

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe I ever took playing with this village for granted. Had the tri logo. Had a lot of fun though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom