Star Wars Toys at Toys R Us 1980

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just came across this and thought it was worth sharing as it's great to get a sense of how stocked with SW goodies the shops were at the time. I must admit that I just scared through it but it was nice to see so much vintage goodness :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xBjIgFmmeY

To the mods - Please move this to a different section if you feel there's somewhere more appropriate for it.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice one Ian, I've not seen that before.
Some SW carded peg warmers amongst the new shinny ESB cards, I wonder why no one wanted that Hammerhead?

jayums

Jedi Master
Oh for a time machine !

Great to watch ... never liked toys r us that much as killed off independents in my local high street ... and now there's no toy stores at all.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Cheers Ian, that's a great watch 8) never seen that before, amazing to see all stacked high, those prices as well, if only there was a time machine!

Palifan

Sith Lord
It is amazing to see all of those box fresh items and I love the Mego Moonraker boxed set I spotted as well. It's also nice seeing it as it's from the ESB era, such a great logo :)

Ian

scooternick

Jedi Knight
This is so good, absolutely love the video, thanks for posting. Imagine how many shipping boxes were flat packed and binned 😱

Kev06

Youngling
To be a child again appreciating Star Wars alot more in my older wisdom would be a treasure trove!

I always got mine from Santa 😂 not toys r us

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom