eBay payments change

jayums

Jedi Master
I don't know how the changes are rolling out (I gather private sellers had this earlier?) but I now gave the option for eBay funds go straight into my bank rather than PayPal

Apparently it takes longer for funds to clear , and cost the same or less than using PayPal (not convinced!)

Any thoughts on whether it's best to stick with PP or just used eBay ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Not sure you wil have the option to use paypal soon and the charges will certainly be higher than the direct payment.

This link is helpfull.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/11/ebay-axes-paypal-sellers-bank-accounts-upping-fees/

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
eBay will take 12.8% + 30p instead of the previous 10%. On the plus side there will be no PayPal fees which were previously 2.9% + 30p.

I think it works out well if you wait for the max £1 selling fee. Then you are actually going away with any PayPal costs and only get charged £1 max for selling the item whatever the final value :D

jayums

Jedi Master
Yep that makes sense . Sounds like it's well worth waiting for the £1 fee offers.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Definitely, think they will be on this weekend haven't been offered for 4 weeks.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I got an offer the weekend before last

I seem to be getting them every other week at the moment...i wonder if it's linked to how much you list?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I thought it was just a blanket offer, didn't realise it was done individually. I was getting them offered every two weeks until 4 weeks ago.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
I thought it was just a blanket offer, didn't realise it was done individually. I was getting them offered every two weeks until 4 weeks ago.

I'm not sure...I seem to be getting the offer every other week at present.
I am selling a fair bit, maybe it's because I'm looking for the email with the offer more than previously?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:

I'm not sure...I seem to be getting the offer every other week at present.
I am selling a fair bit, maybe it's because I'm looking for the email with the offer more than previously?

You've got me thinking now, lol I'm sure max £1 selling fee hasn't been offered to me for 4 weeks. I'm also thinking it's advertised before I sign in some times. I did think it was every 2 weeks though.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Totally unimpressed by this new sustem :!: I had to wait 4 -5 days to actually b paid ie to see the funds in my account :!: They bloody well took their fees double pronto though :!: I actually contacted eBay and their response was they cannot take the risks PayPal took but they r working on improving things. :roll:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Been using the new eBay payment system for a couple of weeks now.

Overall I do find it easier than having to make sure ive kept the money aside to pay my monthly ebay invoice.

Couple of downsides.

For alot of my sales I have been slightly worse off than if I was paid the old way. Its only pennies so not gonna cry over it. Like it has been said above, if you can make use of the max £1 selling fee offer then its great. I sold a lego set for £120 using the offer so £130 with postage, paid £1. Great.

The payment can be very slow to get into your bank. Especially if you sell an item on a Friday, I haven't been getting the payment until Tueaday or Wednesday. This is rubbish considering as soon as your paid ebay expect you to post the item but you haven't received the postage yet.

Overall, I think the system is better and easier, I just hope they don't up the % over time.

jayums

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Overall, I think the system is better and easier, I just hope they don't up the % over time.

Indeed! Although with the competition maybe PayPal might lower their fees . Fingers crossed!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
Great to see you post @jedi_masters chris

Thanks Grant, it's been a while I know. Gonna make an effort this year to get back involved with the community. Collecting is still out the window but miss the friendships.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom