Vintage Rebellion Episode 81 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
81fbook.jpg

A little bit later than scheduled this month. We are blaming February, it ended early. But finally Episode 81 is here.

Our main interview is with Palitoy legend Bob Brechin, not only the Chief of Design during the Star Wars era but also fundamental in creating much of the toys we loved as kids. Join Andy Spoons as he dives deep into those golden years. Pete and Jason occasionally ask the odd question.

Our new feature this month has the lads putting forward their reasons for the Best Action Figure. Up for consideration this time are C3PO, EV9D9, Admiral Ackbar and 8D8. Richard must decide from the most passionate pleas for a winner.

The Vintage Rebellion Swap Shop moves forward. Jason kicked it all off by offering up a Vintage Bib Fortuna Pen Topper. The Swap came in and we now have a UK Marvel Return of the Jedi issue 1 WITH BADGE. Would you like this item? Then send us your offers.

Rebel Briefings with Richard sees some eBay scandal, Brexit postage issues (yes.. how original), Muppets (no, not the hosts) and other fun stuff.

Licensee focuses on Waddingtons, which believe it or not is another Passion of the Preston.

Sadly due to a house move the youtube version will be a little different during March, but we still thank Chris Porteous for putting this beast together in audio format.

Kick the pet Gnu from in front of the wireless and sit back for some Star Wars Vintage Collecting shenanigans.

https://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-81-can-i-have-a-p-for-palitoy-please-bob/

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great news, I'll have a listen. I'm a bit behind due to life getting in the way but I'm catching up.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
This should be a corker of a main interview. Good score guys 8)

Great Episode Guy's loved listening to the Bob Brechin interview. Thanks

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks as always for another show. Bob sounds like a lovely guy and it was a pleasure listening to him.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Another super listen :D Thanks v much for your efforts fellas. I am totally with you Pete on the Muppets & Sesame Street, I used to get so excited as a kid seeing R2-D2 & C-3PO on the Street! I don't believe I ever saw the 1980 Muppets episode with Mark Hamill back in 1980 unfortunately, I think I would have passed out with excitement if I had :lol: I do have that episode now on a bootleg dvd featuring the Holiday Special :!: It also has 50 original Kenner toy ads on it 8)

The Bob B interview was great! Never get tired of listening to him :)

Thanks for the mention J, yeh I just happened to b lucky with timing and saw the BH log on eBay. Thought I was looking at just another 82 issue at first and again lucky it was a bin. The seller had no idea what he had. V interesting that the first issue has that gloss finish too. A mint condition example would look outstandingly stunning 8) 8) Really hope u find one mate, I will of course keep looking.

Loved the segment on Waddingtons! Amazing story on the special Monopoly Sets! I wonder if any survived :?:
I was v happy to pick up both SW action figure jigsaw puzzles at the FF show a couple of years or so ago where Dave Tree was selling a collection that included the sets in pretty much mint condition 8)
023A7141-CDAB-4453-A59A-4D46E8E46C16.jpeg

Attachments

• DB0D5F4A-EA76-4576-9C11-F29E0661C0AA.jpeg
    DB0D5F4A-EA76-4576-9C11-F29E0661C0AA.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 335

Gadders

Padawan
Another superb episode, great work guys.

Nice to get another mention by Pete for my recent purchases. The money bank purchase was inspired by the coverage you guys gave to Metalbox, especially with them having a presence in my town. Its certainly a great item.
The Bob Brechin interview was very interesting, and nice to hear his connections to Oxford (and a mention of the mighty Oxford United).

The Waddingtons section was the real surprise of the show for me - the information on Monopoly and its role in the war was not something I'd previously been aware of.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Finally getting caught up on the podcast. Good luck with the move Richard, we just moved back up north and it kind of takes over your life.
Spent this week decorating and listening to past episodes. Loved the Bob Brechin interview, he's such a legend. I thought it was really funny that he couldn't understand someone wanting a sealed Palitoy Death Star. The old designers seem constantly perplexed by collectors and their fascination for stories and details about the process. 'It was just a job' he said, but to us it was something magical. Episode 79 featuring Mark Baker and Mark Andrews talking COOs and figure mould variants would have had his head spinning. He's a great guy and a very talented designer, well done for getting him on.
Speaking of 79 the interview with Craig Miller (Director of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm) was great, what a phenomenal job. I look forward to reading his book, amazing stories and seems like a really nice bloke.
Just finished listening to the Sears Christmas Catalog Challenge. £60 wouldn't get you a chewed Klatuu these days, the prices are so crazy.
Keep up the good work lads and I'll get back to the decorating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom