12 back farm boy information needed (Palitoy)

Wolfman79

Youngling
Hi guys.

I'm wondering were any Palitoy 12 A Farm boys manufactured without footers. I'm assuming so because there are quite a few I have seen.

Iv checked the Palitoy card guide which has become more of a biblical reference point to all things glorious in resent days but still have no definitive answer.

Below is the card I am referring to.
It's the best photo I have as this item is on the way from over seas.

Any information would help
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-215254.png
    Screenshot_20210304-215254.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 527

lejackal

Grand Master
I would suggest that if there's no footer then it's a reseal as in my admittedly limited experience I've never seen a factory sealed example without one

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I hate to say it if you've already bought it, but that card looks very much like a reseal to me. The racetrack at the bottom right of the bubble doesn't line up perfectly, and the litho down the left-hand side of the bubble (the right-hand side as we look at it, and I mean inside the bubble on the inside edge of it) has what appears to be a tell-tale white hairline, which is usually a sure-fire sign of a reseal. Don't get me wrong, it looks to have been resealed pretty well, but to do so without including a footer (which to answer your question, I believe they all came with), just seems like laziness or madness.

If it turns out I'm wrong and it is indeed fully sealed and therefore not a reseal, then I apologize and I will be very happy for you. Otherwise, if you bought it as a sealed MOC, I hope you get your money back / partial refund, as you wish.

Wolfman79

Youngling
Thanks lads.
The info helps a lot.

It's not looking good, I agree.

Funny isn't it ? No matter how many mocs I purchase, research and handle over all the years and still I end up in this situation. If I'd payed lots I'd be more upset but even as a reseal he was relatively cheap at $500 AUD (290 pounds)

Also yes eBay will probably cover it as it was stated as fully sealed and no repro.

Having said all that, would be better if it was a sealed beater as described.

I'll repost some pics when the item arrives. Be nice to bounce it off you again when we have high resolution close ups.

Cheers

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
That's about the going rate (sometimes more!) for a Palitoy Luke 12-bk reseal, so you've done OK ;)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
There are relatively so few factory sealed Palitoy 12 back Luke Skywalkers in existence compared to Kenner examples that exist in 4 figure numbers :!: At one point it was thought around 13 Palitoy examples existed but I think it's safe to say a few more than that exist. I have seen a few myself and have personally owned two(not at the same time) one on an A card and the other which I currently own on a B card. Both have footers and indeed all others I have seen fully factory sealed had footers. The example in question is defo a reseal but as said the price paid is ok for a good reseal today. Such a shame the footer is missing on a nice reseal like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom