How much is reasonable for the vintage max rebo band figure set?

Tatooine4life

Youngling
The set I am referring to is this one:

vintage_rebo_band_box1.jpg

Any idea how much is a reasonable price for this? I've seen it on Ebay from anything between £300-1000. The highest price is madness to me. Should it be priced at anywhere close to a grand?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome to the forum. They have gone up a bit recently, you could pick them up sealed and in decent shape for about £200 until recently. Now I would say £250-350 is the norm depending on condition. Maybe the higher ones you have seen were graded or mint condition?

Tatooine4life

Youngling
edd_jedi said:
Welcome to the forum. They have gone up a bit recently, you could pick them up sealed and in decent shape for about £200 until recently. Now I would say £250-350 is the norm depending on condition. Maybe the higher ones you have seen were graded or mint condition?

No, I don't think they were graded. Granted, one set was in the USA. They were charging £1000+ (before shipping) though which seems pretty damn steep. I have seen one in the UK, but it's £400+. I didn't realise how much they had gone up in price, wow. The same as the EV-9D9 figure, that's going from anywhere between £400-800 too, which again, seems very steep. I just got back into collecting, but about collecting vintage seems to be way out my affordability right now lol.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You also need to remember that an unsold eBay buy it now price is fairly meaningless, sold listings are the only thing worth looking at for price guidance, and even then there are always anomolies. I tend to look at eBay sold prices and look at the lowest few.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
One factor that will command a higher price on these is if the bubble is clear :!: Most examples have yellow bubbles so a mint example with a clear bubble will prob sell pretty quick for a reasonable high price. I agree though a $1000 is way too much :!:

jayums

Jedi Master
:?: Should it be priced at anywhere close to a grand?

Obviously the seller can ask whatever they like for their stuff, and the buyer can choose to pay it or not ... bbbbbut the short answer is no, that's insane :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom