Vectis today- 9/3/21

lejackal

Grand Master
Anyone lost the plot and actually bought anything? Some of the opening lots when for bonkers money :!:
https://www.vectis.co.uk/live/view

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
A lot of nice MOTU stuff whent really cheap, MISB Fright Zone for £375 all in. The Star Wars stuff just bonkers though. 21 back Boba Fett for about £7K!

lejackal

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
A lot of nice MOTU stuff whent really cheap, MISB Fright Zone for £375 all in. The Star Wars stuff just bonkers though. 21 back Boba Fett for about £7K!

I dropped off after the first 100 lots or so. Maybe I should've worked through the Star Wars bit and skived through the other stuff then 😂

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Do you think Kenner prices are on the rise or are the increases down to lockdown?

What was the condition like on the 21 back Fett?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Do you think Kenner prices are on the rise or are the increases down to lockdown?

What was the condition like on the 21 back Fett?

Think it was graded 80 so pretty nice. Some would say the going rate I know, but not me. lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
£540 + fees for an ESB Lobot :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm rich!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
People r paying big money for Kenner 85 grades with clear bubbles :!: The 21 Fett price didn't really surprise me, the card was unpunched with no price sticker and AFA 80 is a v respectable grade. Obviously it was the fees that pushed it to 7K. An 85 grade could sell for quite a bit more than 7K :!:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
People r paying big money for Kenner 85 grades with clear bubbles :!: The 21 Fett price didn't really surprise me, the card was unpunched with no price sticker and AFA 80 is a v respectable grade. Obviously it was the fees that pushed it to 7K. An 85 grade could sell for quite a bit more than 7K :!:

Absolutely agree, grading adds on so much to the big ticket items that figure ungraded would go for under £5K I reckon. Anything over £2K is to much IMO. lol

Andyh1976

Padawan
I always enjoy tracking the auction but my two bids got blown away. It's really hard to judge what value people put on grading but it was hard to spot a reasonably priced star wars MOC today. Next time maybe!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
palitoyjunky said:

Absolutely agree, grading adds on so much to the big ticket items that figure ungraded would go for under £5K I reckon. Anything over £2K is to much IMO. lol

I guess the trick is to buy a high grade ungraded item but that's easier said than done.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Andyh1976 said:
I always enjoy tracking the auction but my two bids got blown away. It's really hard to judge what value people put on grading but it was hard to spot a reasonably priced star wars MOC today. Next time maybe!

The value on a graded item will depend on the collector people into grading will pay significant premiums for 85 or 90 grades (sometimes called investment grade), as said above some will pay thousands more for a high grade. Some anti graders won't pay anymore for graded pieces while others will pay the premium and crack them open. I don't think you can calculate a premium for a high grade it could be 20-30% more or it could be double or triple. The good news is it is nothing like comics where the grade has a huge significance on the price, grade is everything in comics!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
The good news is it is nothing like comics where the grade has a huge significance on the price, grade is everything in comics!

Yeah it's the same with video games, collectors only seem interested in high grade and/or mint condition, sealed games with rips or creases etc are relatively worthless. I like that Star Wars has a healthy market for lower condition items, I think it's a bit snobby to write off anything that has 'character.'

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
palitoyjunky said:

Lol your not far wrong!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
theforceuk said:
palitoyjunky said:

I guess the trick is to buy a high grade ungraded item but that's easier said than done.

That's the way to do it if u can :!: Another rarity these days is finding a top condition piece that is ungraded :!:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah and then pay £100 to grade it it and sell it for £3k more, I'm joking but I can see why people do it. Bloody easy money!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Yeah and then pay £100 to grade it it and sell it for £3k more, I'm joking but I can see why people do it. Bloody easy money!

It's also why people dislike grading as they blame it for increasing prices.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:

It's been dealers bread & butter for years :!: I rem one dealer years ago telling me he once sold a mint sealed Jawa Sand Crawler to a customer back in the early 2000s(when the original grading company AFA was in its infancy) for £800. He later learned it was sent off for grading, scored 85 and was sold for $4000 :!: The dealer said after that, anything good was just automatically sent off for grading.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom