Loose figure price increases? ?

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Saw earlier on Facebook a loose Ev9d9 up for £300. After a bit of banter and price bashing the amount was settled on £260 posted.
While I don't collect loose figures , I have no idea how much he was worth before Covid, I found it quite an eye opener, as a few years ago I bought a carded example for probably £90 more.
While I appreciate everything has risen in price, and I have actually stopped myself over bidding in the last few auctions, it makes me wonder if I should or could part with some doubles that I have :roll:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Yep I would have said around £90, Lumat & Warok have been going for over £200 recently as well!

I need Warok on a tri logo card for my last 17 :eek:

jared007

Padawan
welshwookie said:
I have no idea how much he was worth before Covid

Here is some Star Wars Tracker data from the last 2 years. Prices were trading in a nice channel of £80 to £200 at the top end for a good while.

ev.JPG

Then around May 2020 it all kicks off.

Cheers, Jared.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
jared007 said:
welshwookie said:
I have no idea how much he was worth before Covid

Here is some Star Wars Tracker data from the last 2 years. Prices were trading in a nice channel of £80 to £200 at the top end for a good while.

ev.JPG

Then around May 2020 it all kicks off.

Cheers, Jared.

I really hope price go down again, but then again I have said that the last 10 years and so far when prices have been going up then I have not seen them come down again. But then again I do not look at the prices every day.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Wow £200 pound for lumat, I thought romba would be closest price to Warok! How bout pop up r2 as he's the last one I need for my last 17?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
Wow £200 pound for lumat, I thought romba would be closest price to Warok! How bout pop up r2 as he's the last one I need for my last 17?

£500 sound good? Ridiculous.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
Nope doesn't sound good to me, do you think they will ever go back down, I can't see it myself!

I agree, can't see it either, not with Star Wars being so much more main stream now, the fan base is only going to get bigger. Things like Dinky Toys and Elvis memorabilia has gone down because the collectors have aged and sold up, Star Wars has an entire new generation of collectors coming through.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
welshwookie said:
Saw earlier on Facebook a loose Ev9d9 up for £300. After a bit of banter and price bashing the amount was settled on £260 posted.
While I don't collect loose figures , I have no idea how much he was worth before Covid, I found it quite an eye opener, as a few years ago I bought a carded example for probably £90 more.
While I appreciate everything has risen in price, and I have actually stopped myself over bidding in the last few auctions, it makes me wonder if I should or could part with some doubles that I have :roll:

Out of interest what doubles do you have?

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
welshwookie said:
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Yep I would have said around £90, Lumat & Warok have been going for over £200 recently as well!

I need Warok on a tri logo card for my last 17 :eek:

I saw one earlier today on one of the Facebook pages for £319 thought it was quite reasonable with prices these days
Unpunched aswell

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
welshwookie said:

Out of interest what doubles do you have?

Sorry only just saw this. Without checking I have
Ev9d9 , sensorscope R2 , Anakin, biker scout .
How I wish it was a double pop up R2 :lol:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
Yeah I bet, ev9 will still fetch you a nice sum

Yep, he should do, compared to loose prices ,and what we probably paid for him many year ago.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Just seen a pop up r2 go for £400 on a Facebook site, that's the going price now loose. On eBay £550 🤯

olisuds

Sith Lord
Stormtrooper in C9 condition and noted discolouration to limbs and red marks to bottom of feet sold on eBay a few days ago for £83 + shipping!

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
Stormtrooper in C9 condition and noted discolouration to limbs and red marks to bottom of feet sold on eBay a few days ago for £83 + shipping!

Yeah it's mad atm, nearly every figures gone up though I have noticed ev9 hasent really moved which is strange it was high before lockdown and has stayed the same really.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
olisuds said:

Yeah it's mad atm, nearly every figures gone up though I have noticed ev9 hasent really moved which is strange it was high before lockdown and has stayed the same really.
If you look at completed on ebay, for ev9, a ukg 85 loose graded, went for less than a nice condition loose one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom