Star Wars board game appreciation.

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Star Wars board game appreciation.

Post by _Lee_ »

Have been out of vintage for a few years now but i just picked up the Star Wars Palitoy Death Star escape game to give me a little buzz. I have to say i havent seen on or played it since the early 80s and it amazes me how cheap they can be picked up. The box art with the huge Palitoy logo is absolutely amazing in my opinion and is probably one of the most forgotten part of the vintage hobby. Im going to pick up the Avdentures of R2D2 next. Beautiful, nostalgic menories for a bargain price.

Anyone else like the old games?
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars board game appreciation.

Post by lejackal »

For me the only game nostalgia that I have is for Assault on Hoth by West End Games which was published in, I think, ‘88. I still need to pick up an open copy to play as the one I have is sealed
jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

lejackal wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:44 am
For me the only game nostalgia that I have is for Assault on Hoth by West End Games which was published in, I think, ‘88. I still need to pick up an open copy to play as the one I have is sealed
That game needs a premium rerelease !

I've never really played any vintage Star Wars games as they look pants , although I've heard the ROTJ one isn't too bad.

The modern games look brilliant (like rebellion) but just take a bit too much time for me , as do the miniature games.

I quite liked one of the recent Star Wars risk games though!
AndyPreston
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by AndyPreston »

My kids have really enjoyed playing the modern re-released versions of Escape the Death Star and Battle on Hoth. They're both very playable and enjoyable. I've also enjoyed the Parker Destroy Death Star and Battle at Sarlacc Pit games. Adventures of R2-D2 is aimed at younger kids and suits that age group well, and has some wonderful artwork.

Bug thumbs up from me for the vintage games!
http://www.ukstarwars.com Looking for non-toy vintage British SW items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by StarWarsFan »

Love SW Monopoly, SW Cluedo, also that interactive game with the video was good shame can't play that anymore :(.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

You've just reminded me that I have a vintage ESB Yoda board game tucked away somewhere that I really should get out and play with my kids. I don't remember ever playing it and now may well be the time :D

Ian