Star Wars board game appreciation.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Have been out of vintage for a few years now but i just picked up the Star Wars Palitoy Death Star escape game to give me a little buzz. I have to say i havent seen on or played it since the early 80s and it amazes me how cheap they can be picked up. The box art with the huge Palitoy logo is absolutely amazing in my opinion and is probably one of the most forgotten part of the vintage hobby. Im going to pick up the Avdentures of R2D2 next. Beautiful, nostalgic menories for a bargain price.

Anyone else like the old games?

lejackal

Grand Master
For me the only game nostalgia that I have is for Assault on Hoth by West End Games which was published in, I think, '88. I still need to pick up an open copy to play as the one I have is sealed

jayums

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
For me the only game nostalgia that I have is for Assault on Hoth by West End Games which was published in, I think, '88. I still need to pick up an open copy to play as the one I have is sealed

That game needs a premium rerelease !

I've never really played any vintage Star Wars games as they look pants , although I've heard the ROTJ one isn't too bad.

The modern games look brilliant (like rebellion) but just take a bit too much time for me , as do the miniature games.

I quite liked one of the recent Star Wars risk games though!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
My kids have really enjoyed playing the modern re-released versions of Escape the Death Star and Battle on Hoth. They're both very playable and enjoyable. I've also enjoyed the Parker Destroy Death Star and Battle at Sarlacc Pit games. Adventures of R2-D2 is aimed at younger kids and suits that age group well, and has some wonderful artwork.

Bug thumbs up from me for the vintage games!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Love SW Monopoly, SW Cluedo, also that interactive game with the video was good shame can't play that anymore :(.

Palifan

Sith Lord
You've just reminded me that I have a vintage ESB Yoda board game tucked away somewhere that I really should get out and play with my kids. I don't remember ever playing it and now may well be the time :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom