Need help afa purchase

Jillyes

I'm new to collecting and recently purchased an afa graded darth Vader 12 back on eBay for $2500. When I got the figure I noticed the bubble was breaking away from the card on top. My question is would afa grade it an 80? The bubble was given a grade of 75. Could this have happened during shipment? I'm trying to return the figure but having a hard time with the seller. Does the value drop because the bubble is pulling away from card slightly? I just can't see afa giving this an 80 grade. Personally I think the seller was trying to hide this..he took far away photos. Or maybe I'm wrong and afa did grade it as such?

Attachments

• 2915052F-6F9D-4ED8-8E70-8E361684D673.png
    2915052F-6F9D-4ED8-8E70-8E361684D673.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 489

Palifan

Sith Lord
I can't really see AFA giving an 80% on a bubble that's coming away but it would be easy enough for this to happen in transit, either from leaving AFA or arriving to you.

It's the problem with sealed items as you can't support the bubble in any way in transit once it's incased but if you put in a claim with eBay as an item that's not as described I think the seller has to accept the return (this happened to my wife recently).

You maybe right anyway about the seller trying to hide this issue with the bubble but hopefully you will be able to send this back by going directly through eBay when you contact the seller and not by just messaging them.

Hope that's of some help,

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ian's 100% correct.
This must have happened after it left AFA, and if you contact eBay rather than the seller I'm sure that you're be ok.
Good luck.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No way that would get an 80 grade and no way it's worth £2500. Doesn't matter anyway, it's not what you thought you had purchased. You just need to open a returns request and tick the box item not as described. Don't lose any sleep over it you will get your money back.

As for the bubble lifting because its sealed in a case, there's a chance but you can find plenty of examples with the same problem that are not in a sealed case. Don't be to disheartened, stick at it!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As the others have said, it won't grade 80 with a lifting bubble. That COULD have happened in transit, but the seller hasn't exactly pushed the boat out on highlighting the issue, if the picture you included was all he provided.

Just open an "item not as described" case with Evilbay and you'll get your money back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom