Alternative sites to The Imperial Gunnery?

2stripes

Jedi Master
I've used TIG for years to validate my vintage weapons as original but do alternative sites exist?

Is TIG still updated? I can see an update from January 2019, but I don't do Facebook so not sure if the community has migrated there? Has there been any significant changes to reproduction weapons in circulation since 2019?

I did check out our own Vintage Reference Library board, which has a load of good info but again, hasn't seen much action recently. Any appetite to start a figure by figure reference library, showing some good close ups of known and new repros?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Most of the knowledge has migrated to FB. TIG is no longer updated as the current custodian John Paul Ragusa does not have the appetite to really keep it up to date.

If you are on FB the best groups in my opinion are Variant Villains run by Wolff Lipinsky which has loads of detailed weapon sheets and information. The work Wolff does with the help of the community is incredible. And Jabba's Court which has a series of figure focuses by Mark Andrews which look at all available figure variants for a particular character and highlights all the mould traits to help identify the variant, along with which accessories go with what.

Both of these guys, along with others in the community, are involved in a major new website "Variant Villains" that is due out later this year which will be far more extensive than anything we have thus seen. The current incumbent site has the most up to date coo guide and some weapons and can be found at https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/

If you are in the US Michael Havens of the ICC has just launched or is about to launch a site of similar ilk but I can't comment on the content as I haven't seen it, save to say, Thomas Fagan, who is very knowledgeable, is involved in it.

2stripes

Jedi Master
Thanks for the above info, I have had a look and it has potential. I'm not on Facebook and I must admit I do feel a bit marginalised in terms of pursuing the hobby as result. I just cant bring myself to rejoin it, I just hate social media!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom