Yoda original snake and cane. How to tell if genuine or not?

Tatooine4life

Youngling
I have 2 canes which sink and another which floats. Also, 2 snakes which sink. I am unsure how to know if they are fake or genuine. Any things to look out for? Thanks, much appreciated in advance.

The canes

20210502_163808.jpg

20210502_163757.jpg

GLucas

Padawan
Just use the Imperial Gunnery on the internet, loads of pictures and information about genuine vintage and bad repro stuf. 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The flashing is not an issue - there is a soft epm cane that is found on no coo yodas that have flashing and this very much looks like one of those - but there are new epm repro on the market that confuse matters and as of yet I don't have one of those to compare.

Is your bottom can extremely flexible? Also what Yoda did it come with?

Attachments

• 3B89380D-7FE2-4A3F-B945-9FDB2A3DEA12.jpeg
    3B89380D-7FE2-4A3F-B945-9FDB2A3DEA12.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 295

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
These are the new repro on the market
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dark-Brown-Yoda-Cane-Vintage-Star-Wars-Repro-Spare-Part-Weapon-/363382325750?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

When you look at them the quality looks off compared to the one you have posted. I would say that bottom one is good but always best to be wary

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Yoda snakes and canes should float on water when placed lightly and then sink when tapped under. I don't think I have one that floats period but I haven't checked all my variants and there are plenty of variations.

Post up a pic of the floater and we'll see if we can help you.

Tatooine4life

Youngling
TheJabbaWookie said:
The flashing is not an issue - there is a soft epm cane that is found on no coo yodas that have flashing and this very much looks like one of those - but there are new epm repro on the market that confuse matters and as of yet I don't have one of those to compare.

Is your bottom can extremely flexible? Also what Yoda did it come with?

It is flexible, but wouldn't say extremely. It has bend to it. It came with the Yoda, snake, belt, everything. I bought from a friend of a friend who found figures in his loft. I got dibs on some of them to buy. I don't know when or where he bought them mind. Water tested them and did a little research at the time, so just assumed they were legit. Problem is, never know for sure. I can't ask him now either as he moved abroad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom