PayPal and Ebay - what's going on??

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So after all the managed payments business kicking in when are sellers unable to use PayPal to accept payments??

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have noticed one of the genius side effects of this change is that paypal receipts no longer specify what the item was, it just says 'purchase amount' and the price. This is really annoying, as for years now I have saved PDFs of my eBay purchases to keep track of what I've been buying. If I had to make an insurance claim in future, would the insurer accept a generic paypal receipt with no mention of what the item purchased was? This seems like a major oversight to me.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.20.41.png

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
I have noticed one of the genius side effects of this change is that paypal receipts no longer specify what the item was, it just says 'purchase amount' and the price. This is really annoying, as for years now I have saved PDFs of my eBay purchases to keep track of what I've been buying. If I had to make an insurance claim in future, would the insurer accept a generic paypal receipt with no mention of what the item purchased was? This seems like a major oversight to me.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.20.41.png
I guess the thinking is that eBay provides the goods receipt, PayPal just acts as the funding source, much like your bank would?

lejackal

Grand Master
They are working on converting people a little more aggressively

Attachments

• 0CAE0A7B-7A8D-4EB3-9D5C-363EE33EE68B.jpeg
    0CAE0A7B-7A8D-4EB3-9D5C-363EE33EE68B.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 149

lejackal

Grand Master
To clarify though, I'm not rebelling, that's an email relating to my secondary account that I use for buying internationally, I changed over my selling account a few weeks back and have found it to be okay.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Looks like I spoke too soon, as I had an email from eBay a couple of days ago. I have to update by the end of the month.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom