another palitoy vinyl caped jawa on the bay....

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360116730364&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

This one has been resealed from a bubble that was still attached. It's the correct bubble type for a vinyl jawa
but could have easily contained a cloth cape. This card/bubble combo is the same as the last one on ebay
with a door cut in the back of the card. If these cards did contain cloth capes, wouldn't we have seen a cloth
cape MOC with this bubble type by now?

Views anyone?

:eek:

Jason

gustie

Sith Lord
middle pic looks photoshopped and the RIGHT pic has been flipped - its back to front

i didnt know they came on palitoy cards even! :oops:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Middle pic looks ok to me, it's just a pic of the back of a regular 12B. I noticed the right pic had been flipped too, not sure why you'd do that.

The debate is whether a vc palitoy jawa ever existed. There was reports of a MOC being sold years ago with authenticity issues that were never resolved.

If I thought I had one, I'd bung it off to AFA as that resale value would be much higher if it was 100% authentic.

Jason

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
Not sure if the back is a photoshop job - I don't remember what the back of SW palitoy cards look like but it does look weird. Like something missing??

As for did they exist on palitoy cards, I believe I had one as a kid. I believe it so much I could sit and argue about it all day with David Tree
:D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
You sure that wasn't a Kenner carded one? Kenner carded 12/20-backs got sold in the UK round the correct time. We have price sticker evidence to back that up.

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I'm sure Gary said he'd seen cloth cape Jawas in the smaller bubble in the past.

Although the MOC example was from a fairly dodgy source some people have seen it and from what I heard it supposedly looked chicken soup. It would be nice to know 100% one way or the other.

Joe

Grand Master
Why do people with "holy grails" stick one picture that looks like **** if they were so sure the item they are selling is legit..

Even 6 pictures on ebay would be like £1 or something?? :roll:

David Tree

Jedi Master
Darth Wensleydale said:
fairly dodgy source

that does not even come close, but is more than enough reason for a lot of people.

The auction is a bit cheeky as the chap was only informed on Sunday of what it "potentially" might be/ mean.

Still not 100% convinced myself, but it is starting to balance out the possibility again and hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

However it is another recard.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Reported as fake on rebelscum:-

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3534082&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3534082

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
chipshop.jpg

:D

Jason

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:
You sure that wasn't a Kenner carded one? Kenner carded 12/20-backs got sold in the UK round the correct time. We have price sticker evidence to back that up.

Jason

Its possible but... I only remember the palitoy logo on any figures I got as a kid. Of course that could be another thing like people remember the scene in ROTJ where Luke jumps up and grabs the gril when he's in the rancor pit. This scene was never in the movie but people have seen the picture. But the reason I convinced I had a palitoy VC Jawa is I actually don't remember owning anything with the Kenner Logo. In fact the first I time I saw a card with the Kenner logo it was WTF reaction. BTW, that reaction was only about 12-13 years ago when I started to get back into SW - not when I was a kid

Grant

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:

Quality. :lol:

I think if a genuine carded Palitoy Jawa vinyl cape turned up it would be the most sought after figure in existence.
I was enquiring about a Kenner ESB Vinyl caped Jawa. An afa 60 is costing around $12000 to $15000.

Grant.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
AnakinPOTF said:
I think if a genuine carded Palitoy Jawa vinyl cape turned up it would be the most sought after figure in existence.
I was enquiring about a Kenner ESB Vinyl caped Jawa. An afa 60 is costing around $12000 to $15000.

Grant.

It would fetch a very good price (more than I could afford :( ) but would it be as attractive as a Kenner ESB MOC example to most collectors outside the UK? Things like the Sales Fair carded Fett are always going to be the most sought after and highest priced items.

I wonder what would fetch the higher price in an open auction, a Palitoy 30 Back Fett or genuine Palitoy VC Jawa 12 Back :wink:

Grant

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
AnakinPOTF said:

Grant.

It would fetch a very good price (more than I could afford :( ) but would it be as attractive as a Kenner ESB MOC example to most collectors outside the UK? Things like the Sales Fair carded Fett are always going to be the most sought after and highest priced items.

I wonder what would fetch the higher price in an open auction, a Palitoy 30 Back Fett or genuine Palitoy VC Jawa 12 Back :wink:

Surely the Jawa simon.

Cheers.

grant.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The MOC one with authenticity issues went for £8000 when it was sold several years ago, so I heard. An AFA graded one would go for 5 figures these days I would imagine.

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
AnakinPOTF said:
Darth Wensleydale said:
AnakinPOTF said:

Grant.

Surely the Jawa simon.

Cheers.

grant.

I don't know, theres only two confirmed Fetts and you know what people are like when it comes to big Mr BF :wink:

Lafos

Jedi Knight
Darth Wensleydale said:
Difficult to say, if they were both AFA´s, I guess the Fett wents higher, ´cause there may be more Fett focus collector.

The one of a kind Harbert Fett went "only" for 11 K $. When this item was auctioned I´d bet it would went for 20 K bucks. So it´s always difficult to say.

Nevertheless I would like to see them both pop up AFA graded, esp. the VCJ.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom