2009 - The year ahead

burnsy

Sith Lord
Ok, maybe a little early.

Any New Year resolutions that you're thinkin about??

Any New Year collecting resolutions, new focus? Spend less? Spend more?

Joe

Grand Master
1.) Do more exercise! I keep saying I am going to start again and do more weights and I never bother!

2.) Save even more money by not buying tat! :mrgreen:

3.) Find at least one "big" item for me, whether its a proof or a MOC.. !

burnsy

Sith Lord
Very similiar to mine Joe.

1) Need to go on a serious diet, use running machine and stop drinking red wine during the week.

2) Be careful with money and stop spunking it on shite!!

3) Collect Jawa stuff till it's coming out of my ears (Quality Jawa stuff :wink: )

4) Probably spend less time on here :( It pisses the wife off.) Ho ****ing hum. I won't be sticking to that one..

Nice, Happy new year chaps. Let's hope 2009 brings us a good one.

Joe

Grand Master
burnsy said:
Very similiar to mine Joe.

3) Collect Jawa stuff till it's coming out of my ears (Quality Jawa stuff :wink: )

Someone doing a character focus?? :mrgreen:

burnsy said:
4) Probably spend less time on here :( It pisses the wife off.) Ho ****ing hum. I won't be sticking to that one..

If you read only the important and informative posts you would only be on here 10 minutes a week ! :mrgreen:

burnsy

Sith Lord
burnsy said:
If you read only the important and informative posts you would only be on here 10 minutes a week !

:lol: It takes me hours to find this shite though Joe :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
hahahaha yeah you do have to wade through three hours of **** to learn something new but I like wading! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
whiteskinnydroid said:
If you read only the important and informative posts you would only be on here 10 minutes a week !

We have Informative AND important posts on here? :?
Where? :lol:

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
My aim this year is to complete my baggie collection, i have just 2 to go so hopefully i'l get them.
Then i will be trying to replace any taped baggies for heat sealed one's (where possible).
I'm not planning on buying too much this year, in fact im thinning down a bit.

Del

Josh

Sith Lord
I am gonna sell a heap of stuff especially my Star Wars(ROTJ) boxed collection and any other collections I have just sitting in the cupboard ie. MOTU and Centurions!
Oh and give up the ciggies before our second child is born so I am completey addiction free,well except my MOC addiction that is LOL!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ohhhh, cravings and the bad temper from the lack of ciggies and then sleepless nights cos of the kid..............Your wife's gonna love you! :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
weasel said:
Ohhhh, cravings and the bad temper from the lack of ciggies and then sleepless nights cos of the kid..............Your wife's gonna love you! :lol:

and entering an empty room where your toys once were......AARRGGHHHHH (the sound of Josh breaking) :mrgreen:

Well whatever we all try to do next year, I hope you all take care, don't drink and drive and enjoy New year :) I know I will !

Josh

Sith Lord
Well we all saw what happened when I was getting of the pot after 18 years worth LOL :oops: !

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
josh i stopped smoking after doing about 20 -30 a day same reason as you ,so little en didnt look and think its ok cause i smoked .best motvation you can have really .
only thing i want in new year is a really nice hol and to get busy with work ,but way country is at min i cant see that happening :cry:

Grant

Sith Lord
What the new year might bring.

I stopped smoking back in August. I had been smoking for 14 years. This had been my new years resolution for the last 13 years.

Side effects tho serious lack of sleep and being a gurney mother ****er. Physically feel much better.

Im going to also try this year and give up eating loads of crap. Sugary rubbish and crisps and also cut my Chinese meals down to one a week hopefully.

As far as collecting goes i cant see myself picking up much at all in the next year. Im only after 10 or 15 upgrades which will likely take me 10 years due to the difficulty in finding the pieces i want like the last 4 offer less 20 backs I'm hunting along with a few others.

I have also recently been thinking of letting a lot of MOCs go and maybe hunting down a collection of loose graded figures but i haven't decided yet. Every time i consider this i end up always changing my mind.

Lets hope the new year brings us all happiness and good health and some lovely Star Wars treasures into the bargain.

I wish you all a happy new year and the best of luck with your collecting or what ever you do.

Cheers.

Grant.

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
Due to the fact everyone I buy annoys me - quit buying sideshow 12" figures. If the character hasn't been done before and I see it going cheap, then possibly.
Infact I started that today by cancelling a pre-order :D

Have a clear out of the attic... that will keep me busy for the year

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
This year collecting wise id love to finish off my Palitoy ROTJ double stem bubble MOC run:
Bib, Gam guard, Biker Scout, Royal Guard and Logray.
Any help there would be massively appreciated :wink:

Focus wise, maybe this will be the year for some of the elusive LXW European MOC
examples to come my way, Harbert, Meccano ROTJ, POCH ESB and PBP ROTJ.
If they do show up, please not all at once :lol:

Have a better one folks.

marc

Grant

Sith Lord
theguiltyone said:
This year collecting wise id love to finish off my Palitoy ROTJ double stem bubble MOC run:
Bib, Gam guard, Biker Scout, Royal Guard and Logray.
Any help there would be massively appreciated :wink:

Focus wise, maybe this will be the year for some of the elusive LXW European MOC
examples to come my way, Harbert, Meccano ROTJ, POCH ESB and PBP ROTJ.
If they do show up, please not all at once :lol:

Have a better one folks.

marc

Hello mate,

If your ever selling the Luke XW afa30. i would love to buy that figure.
I have an unpunched Canadian offerless 20 back Luke X wing AFA 85. If i ever go to sell it i will give you first shout since you like Luke x wing items.

Cheers mate.

Grant.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Happy New Year guys.

2009 will probably result in few, if any, SW purchases for me. Too much else going on really. Might start a mint loose collection at some point but definitely no more MOC's.

spoons

Grand Master
I'm going for a quiet 2009, I've already weaned myself off ebay and I'm hoping that no really rare Han Hoth's surface until 2010 :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom