if someone

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
if someone was selling a reseal and you asked them if the weapon or cape was origanal and they said they are not sure ,would you take this as a yes but not going to admit it so i am covered for when you get the figure and complain.

Adam_Burges

Padawan
I would say it depends on what the figure is, if its a VC Jawa or another figure that has a unique cape that could have been customed then its a no. I think for standard figures many people take risks all the time, not all auctions list whether the accessories are legit and I for one have definately taken the gamble before, whats a Ã'£2-5 figure loss going to hurt?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
this is what it was
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vintage-star-wars-princess-leia-original-21-back-L-K_W0QQitemZ120066196027QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50277QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

spoons

Grand Master
I'd assume the weapon and cape are repro. But you could always gamble, you could get a bargain :wink:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i did this a few weeks ago.
i sold a recarded lando general to diesel , and advertised it as original weapon and cape.
when he got it he emailed me and said the gun was repro .
i had bought it a couple of years ago and had never realised :oops:
but dave is great and although i offered a full refund he said no worries and left me pos feedback 8)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Were you after it to take the figure off the card?

A good quality loose one with original cape and black weapon sell for around Ã'£20 so it would have been a bargain.

It's impossible to say from the picture but chances are the cape will be original but not the weapon.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Were you after it to take the figure off the card?

A good quality loose one with original cape and black weapon sell for around Ã'£20 so it would have been a bargain.

It's impossible to say from the picture but chances are the cape will be original but not the weapon.
yeah i was gonna take it of the card ,but dont bother if there is a chance of repro items as it puts me of collecting

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
but dont bother if there is a chance of repro items as it puts me of collecting
If you don't know how to spot repro items then you really shouldn't worry about them too much.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
jabbawokkie said:
but dont bother if there is a chance of repro items as it puts me of collecting
If you don't know how to spot repro items then you really shouldn't worry about them too much.

i know how to spot some ,i prefer everything to be vintage full stop

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom